The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manhunt underway for Ex-LAPD cop that went on shooting rampage

key2thecup

I don't cheer for Dorner but I don't understand the LAPD stance of, "He's a cop killer, take our multi-thousand man force off their regular beats and search for this guy."

Why is the life of a police officer valued over others? And not just marginally more valued, but by several multitudes more. It's a little ridiculous, to me anyway, the reaction and search carried out by the LAPD because one cop was killed. How many murders are committed in LA every year? In 2010 there were 293 homicides. I don't see any other murders making international headlines with a similar manhunt being carried out for any those.

I don't cheer for Dorner but I don't understand the LAPD stance of, "He's a cop killer, take our multi-thousand man force off their regular beats and search for this guy."

Why is the life of a police officer valued over others? And not just marginally more valued, but by several multitudes more. It's a little ridiculous, to me anyway, the reaction and search carried out by the LAPD because one cop was killed. How many murders are committed in LA every year? In 2010 there were 293 homicides. I don't see any other murders making international headlines with a similar manhunt being carried out for any those.

Another reason why police were not interested in capturing Dorner alive and bringing him to trial?

It sounds as if the two women who provided the tip that led the police to locate Dorner may not get the rewards.

Dorner reward loophole: City might be off hook for $1 million reward

The city of Los Angeles offered some $1 million for information regarding the whereabouts of Christopher Dorner. But, they could be off the hook for the massive reward money.

That’s because Dorner was apparently killed in a shootout by police and not captured.

LA’s mayor offered the hefty sum for the “capture and conviction” of Dorner. But, since he was presumably killed in Tuesday night’s fire it would be nearly impossible to convict him.

The city council also offered money — $100,000, but also for his capture and conviction. So the same loophole might save them the cash, too.

Two maids are being credited with the tip that led police to Dorner, NY Mag reported. LAPD said they are still deciding if, or how, they’ll hand out a potential reward.

http://fox4kc.com/20...million-reward/

It was heard on the radio scanner by enough people that it's already been reported that they used 'burners' on purpose to make a fire while he was inside. And it was obvious they had him surrounded and kept him under fire to give him no where to go. I think it was rather obvious they more or less made him burn alive.

Ugly and brutal way to handle it, but not really surprised after they shot at random people because they were 'under stress'. Pretty sure anyone else under stress randomly firing guns at people would end up in jail. They better at least give out the reward, the fact they're contemplating not giving it out just adds to the joke. Advanced drones that did not find him, a huge man hunt, firing at random people, and the end result is screwing over two girls and burning the guy alive instead of trying to capture him. Smooth.

It was heard on the radio scanner by enough people that it's already been reported that they used 'burners' on purpose to make a fire while he was inside. And it was obvious they had him surrounded and kept him under fire to give him no where to go. I think it was rather obvious they more or less made him burn alive.

Ugly and brutal way to handle it, but not really surprised after they shot at random people because they were 'under stress'. Pretty sure anyone else under stress randomly firing guns at people would end up in jail. They better at least give out the reward, the fact they're contemplating not giving it out just adds to the joke. Advanced drones that did not find him, a huge man hunt, firing at random people, and the end result is screwing over two girls and burning the guy alive instead of trying to capture him. Smooth.

Ex-LAPD Cop On Dorner's Manifesto: 'Not Only Do I Believe It, But I Lived It'

Brian Bentley joined the LAPD in 1989 and was fired ten years later following the publication of "One Time: The Story of a South Central Los Angeles Police Officer," a book that detailed the misconduct and racism he witnessed at the LAPD.

Though his tenure in the LAPD ended six years before Christopher Dorner joined in 2005, Bentley says that the LAPD that Dorner described in his "manifesto" sounds familiar. He told EUR web that he believed the allegations in the manifesto: "Not only do I believe it, but I lived it." (h/t Witness LA)

He said there was a difference in the way complaints of racial harassment and misconduct were dealt with when he worked there and when Dorner worked there, but worries it hasn't changed enough. Bentley said when he complained about racism, his captain responded: "I’ve been on the job for 35 years, you don’t think I know there’s racism. Who do you want me to bring it to? The deputy chief or the chief are just as racist."

Dorner's complaints were allowed to be filed, but the system to deal with them was flawed, he said. Bentley told EUR web, "Even though officers today can file personnel complaints—look at what happens. There are clearly flaws in the system and Dorner is just one example of something that African-American officers have been experiencing for decades in the LAPD."

Dorner filed a complaint against two recruits early in his tenure that was at least halfway validated, according to a review of LAPD records by The Los Angeles Daily News:

His troubles began as a Police Academy recruit in February 2006. It was then Dorner filed an official complaint, saying two other recruits had made "ethnic remarks," an investigator wrote. The department found one recruit made such a comment, but the other had not.

But his complaint that his training supervisor Teresa Evans kicked a suspect in the head ruined his career. The LAPD Board of Rights ruled that Dorner made up the complaint and Dorner was fired. Dorner defended his complaint he made against Evans in his manifesto.

Bentley lost his job in a similar way: he was the subject of an investigation after making allegations of misconduct and racism in his book "One Time: The Story of a South Central Los Angeles Police Officer." He said the investigation was led by two officers profiled in his book that were later promoted and transferred to Internal Affairs. He said he was charged with misconduct for every incident of racism that he documented in his book that he hadn't initially reported. He was fired after the investigation.

Bentley noted that when he was an officer, there were bulletins posted on the walls at police stations warning of police officers who had been terminated and were believed to have vendettas.

He said, "When the Department terminated you, they intentionally tried to ruin your life. That’s how they discredited you. Dorner isn’t the first ex-police officer to have a manifesto or some sort of hit list."

It always is when the perpetrator is the wrong race with wrong motives and political leanings. As noted, if the guy had been a tea party supporter his "extremism" would have been given centre stage by the fourth estate.

This would be funny were it not so sad. His belief system is almost exactly what the governing elites would love to see take hold among all of their subjects, and yet, off he goes anyway.

Even the wacism stuff won’t be relevant much longer. California is already a Mexican state in all but name. The blacks will have to take their complaints to their new masters. They have my sympathies.

Otherwise, there is nothing to see here, just another liberal, muticulti, cultural-religious relativistic society moving towards oblivion.

LAPD is already over half "brown" I believe, it sure looked like it when I was there last year anyway.

If current trends continue, there will probably be as many blacks % wise in Vancouver as in L.A., in 20 years time.

Even the so called black neighborhoods lile Watts and Compton are only 20% black now.

Archived