The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stop Taking Burrows Off 1st Line For Gosh Sakes!

Pasific Coluseum

Kassian and the Sedins on paper look like a match made in heaven. Even with Kassian's impressive 5 goals he just isn't a fit with the Sedins. It can be argued that all of Kassian's goals were "garbage" tip ins. Notice how the Sedins struggled mightily in absence of Burrows. They couldn't even pass to each other without fumbling the puck. So un-Sedin like!

Now that AV put Burrows back on the 1st line the Sedins look like themselves. Burrows forecheck and ability to dig the puck out from the boards to keep offensive pressure is on another level. This guy just works harder, skates harder, wants it harder than 99% of NHL players aka Work Ethic.

This Kassian experiment is all but dead. Good on him for contributing but he's a 4th line player right now with ability to move up a line depending on his play. STOP TAKING BURROWS OFF 1ST LINE. WHY FIX SOMETHING THATS NOT BROKE???

I agree, i would like to see Burrows back on the Sedin line. When Burrows was put back on that

line, they just seemed to click. Daniel and Henrik played the way they usually do.

I actually would like to see a line of Raymond - JS - Kassian. I think that line has some potential

together. Didn't they play together in some scrimage before the season began?

I think it depends what team we play against. If were against a team like Edmonton that is young and skilled, Burrows is a better fit right now, but if were against a team that knows how to shut the Sedins down, Kassian is a better fit.

I disagree completely that Kassian is just a 4th line player. Just because most of his goals have come from in front of the net doesn't mean he's just getting lucky. It shows that he has good offensive instincts, that he knows where to go to score goals, and that he is good at getting open and outmuscling defenders. Plus he has done a great job of battling in the corners, seems to have pretty good vision, and has good hands to convert on his scoring chances.

I think the reason why we have Kassian on the top line is so that he can get establish chemistry with the Sedins heading into the playoffs. Burrows with the Sedins is a better combination in the regular season because they can produce more offense against the weaker teams like Calgary, Edmonton, etc. but that line has been ineffective in the playoffs. The elite defensive teams in the league can shut down the Sedins and Burrows no problem because Burrows simply doesn't have the forechecking ability or the size to win battles in playoff games that are much tighter defensively. Kassian on the other hand has better size so he can shield the puck down low and he can stay parked in front of the net. Plus he can hit and defend the Sedins if anything happens after the whistle. Let Burrows play a shutdown role on the 3rd or something.

yeah hes a 4th line player who is leading our team in goals....

i agree that burrows should be on the first , which he is , so stop whining

but kassian isnt some 4th line scrub , he can get points , most of his points are from his own hard work , he doesnt need the sedins for the type of goals hes going to score

I'd hate to think that world-class players like the Sedins are only able to be successful with a certain player on the other wing.

Maybe there is better chemistry with Burr on the right side, but the team has been pretty successful, despite the twins' diminished numbers. I think it shows that the team has the luxury of allowing them to develop chemistry with other wingers.

Meanwhile, the second and third lines get a boost from having a quality player drop to them...

Archived