The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Tim Thomas an Islander

Guest Gumballthechewy

Look up Vladimir Malakhov. Was fairly well-known that he was going to retire, and because of his age, New Jersey would be stuck with the cap hit. So before he filed the papers, Jersey packaged him with a 1st round pick to San Jose for scrubs, just to offload his cap hit.

I'm not really mad about this. In fact, Boston had the most dominant goalie in the league for the last few years, and rather than trading him for helpful pieces that could improve their team, they basically had to offload him for nothing. As a Bruin-hater, that makes me happy.

Look up Vladimir Malakhov. Was fairly well-known that he was going to retire, and because of his age, New Jersey would be stuck with the cap hit. So before he filed the papers, Jersey packaged him with a 1st round pick to San Jose for scrubs, just to offload his cap hit.

I'm not really mad about this. In fact, Boston had the most dominant goalie in the league for the last few years, and rather than trading him for helpful pieces that could improve their team, they basically had to offload him for nothing. As a Bruin-hater, that makes me happy.

Archived