Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Sestito

Concealing the hand on the puck.

13 posts in this topic

Anyone agree it's a dumb rule?

It gave the Canucks a powerplay, but I'm not a fan of it.

Nope.

You should be playing the puck with your stick.

It's always been a rule that you can't conceal, or close your hand, on the puck, unless you catch it and put it down immediately. Nothing new here, I don't think. It just has never been consistently called.

It's just my thought, but if you're down on the ice, you should be able to move it.

You guys are right, though.

This isn't baseball. :frantic:

It's just my thought, but if you're down on the ice, you should be able to move it.

I don't think it's fair to be able to cover up a puck. How is anyone else supposed to play it without being called for slashing if a player has their glove completely concealing it? I think it's a good rule. Makes for more work for the officials though. No idea how they catch some of these minor infractions.

Great rule.

After the players get used to it being called, you won't see the infraction nearly as often. But right now, putting their hand on it while down is almost second nature.

Isn't it Concealing the puck with your hand? Doesn't concealing you hand with the puck make zero sense to anyone else?

I like it but i think it should not be called on face offs, personally i think once the puck drops it should be anything goes for 3 seconds, hand passes, headbutts, knee to the groin, or what ever it should be more like a rugby scrum then dancing.

i would enjoy that much better.

other then that it is a great rule.

Good rule but it's gonna take some time for them to get used to. I used to always do this to pass when I played defence and dropped my stick.

if moved by a player in his own zone be a faceoff near goalie, if moved by player while in offensive zome mabye faceoff where they do offsides or something, if anything. i think it's kind of stupid, what if a guy falls and lands on the puck? what's gonna happend? 2 min the box yea right it's really stupid penalty