Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[PGT] - Canucks 4, Mild 1

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: The Results of this Poll has an Impact on AV's Decision (208 member(s) have cast votes)

Who starts next game?

1. Cory Schneider (98 votes [48.04%])

Percentage of vote: 48.04%

2. Roberto Luongo (28 votes [13.73%])

Percentage of vote: 13.73%

3. Eddie Lack (12 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

4. Nobody; Go 6 attackers all game (66 votes [32.35%])

Percentage of vote: 32.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Yup. Average for Luongo when he's getting .960 Sv percentages the games before.

dude your trying to say Schneider made like 40 saves in a tight 1-0 shutout vs the Sharks. Schnieder was solid against the Minnesot Wild didn't need to be huge,because they only threw 23 shots on him. 2 goals allowed against the more offensive Oilers, and a penalty shot is pretty solid too. Lu was solid vs the Oilers, Schneider solid against the Wild. You are try to say the difference between a huge game and an average game is 1 goal. Get real man, you sound so stupid.

Edited by cmpunk, 07 February 2013 - 09:20 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#62 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Posted Image

Is that Schroeder's sister?

:bigblush:
Posted Image

#63 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

dude your trying to say Schneider made like 40 saves in a tight 1-0 shutout vs the Sharks. Schnieder was solid against the Minnesot Wild, they only threw 23 shots on him. 2 goals allowed against the more offensive Oilers, and a penalty shot is pretty solid too. Lu was solid vs the Oilers, Schneider solid against the Wild. You are try to say the difference between a huge game and an average game is 1 goal. Get real man, you sound so stupid.

Hey, no need to throw out insults here, I'm only being realistic. I'm just saying Schneider gets the start, lol.

You can quote me on that by the way. Schneider starts 100%.

Edited by Salo'sBomb, 07 February 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#64 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

$200M isn't buying you a win vs the Canucks.

Mild lose again.

#65 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Pretty sure his GF who was in Van couple weeks ago.

#66 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Lol. You gotta give Luongo a break. He played well but not outstanding last game so may as well let Schneider come in and have a chance at taking back his job.

Schneider will start. Luongo came up big last game to give his chance to win, made some solid saves. Schnieder didn't need to make to many huge important saves because the team got him a solid lead and he shut the door and it was 4-0 going into the 3rd. They both just had solid games, you get from a top goalie not outstanding because they didn't have to be.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#67 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Hey, no need to throw out insults here, I'm only being realistic. I'm just saying Schneider gets the start, lol.

He has a point, you are being quite silly.
I agree Schneids gets the start but that's only because he won tonight and he's fighting for the net.
After 3/4 games, AV will return Luongo and play him for 3/4 games.
It's actually such a good strategy.
Posted Image

#68 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Highlights of the game for me:

Schneider
Raymond
Hansen
Schroeder
Kassian
Twins
Burr
Schroeder's sister/girlfriend DAMN!

Awesome win!

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#69 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 73,908 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

@imacVanSun
Schneider on magic 2-headed coin that AV kept flipping before starting Luongo 4/row: "I would like to see it. I call heads."

307mg00.jpg

#70 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

You can quote me on that by the way. Schneider starts 100%.

I bet he does too as he should coming off a win. But your reasoning is just ridiculous thas all/
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#71 Stizz19

Stizz19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

the Mild might get their revenge this coming Tuesday... No time to relax, it might bite us back at the Rogers "Funeral" Arena.. Great game!

Did you hear how dead it was in that arena as well? Worse than Rogers, and they are known for loving hockey.

#72 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

I bet he does too as he should coming off a win. But your reasoning is just ridiculous thas all/

All I'm saying is with the caliber we have, if the goalie plays average or pretty good but not outstanding(as Luongo has been playing as of late), simply switch them out. The evidence was that game against Edmonton where he let in 2 goals. He played great, but nothing near what he played the games before where he was hot. Schneider came back in this game and put up a .960 save percentage and bailed the Canucks out of alot. That's an OUTSTANDING game. All I'm trying to say whether you agree with me or not lol

Edited by Salo'sBomb, 07 February 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#73 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 73,908 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Did you hear how dead it was in that arena as well? Worse than Rogers, and they are known for loving hockey.

There were a lot of empty seats there and here it's always sold out.

307mg00.jpg

#74 Stizz19

Stizz19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Hansen strikes me as someone who could be a future Bergenheim. This guy is chompin at the bit to breakout as a legit second liner. I remember against Chicago in the playoffs he was almost ready to take that step. Hes played great in the last few playoffs save a few missed golden chances and I feel hes at a point in his career where he will stop blowing chances. i hope we find a good role for him or get great return for him in a trade if he does breakout. In any event hes a nice guy to have in our bottom 6 for the time being.

I agree, he's turning into a great all-around player.

#75 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Oh my, oh my! MayRay flyin' high! Good job B)
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#76 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,303 posts

Every player on our team did what they are supposed to tonight. Sept that kassian turnover in his own end... Yikes! BUt all in all our most complete effort as a group. Well deserved, let's keep the points train rolling boys.
linden Vey Sig

#77 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,672 posts

I love this team, and it's two awesome goalies!!!

Posted Image

#78 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Yup. Average for Luongo when he's getting .960 Sv percentages the games before.

So many professional trolls working in CDC right now

#79 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Which one... The one on the far left?

#80 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

So many professional trolls working in CDC right now

Trolling? I don't see any trolling here. It's just an opinion. You either agree with me or you don't. We'll see how it all plays out.

#81 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

All I'm saying is with the caliber we have, if the goalie plays average or pretty good but not outstanding(as Luongo has been playing as of late), simply switch them out. The evidence was that game against Edmonton where he let in 2 goals. He played great, but nothing near what he played the games before where he was hot. Schneider came back in this game and put up a .960 save percentage and bailed the Canucks out of alot. That's an OUTSTANDING game. All I'm trying to say whether you agree with me or not lol

lol nvm dude, how the heck did Schneider bail the team out? He didn't have to because we were leading the whole game, and it was 4-0 end of the 2nd and they only had 23 shots. 4-1 win and 3-2 win, who needed to bail the team out?

Schneider played outstanding today against the wild but Lu played average against the Oilers, while giving his team a chance to win and stopping a penalty shot in OT against Hall......lol wow
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#82 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

lol nvm dude, how the heck did Schneider bail the team out? He didn't have to because we were leading the whole game, and it was 4-0 end of the 2nd and they only had 23 shots. 4-1 win and 3-2 win, who needed to bail the team out?

Schneider played outstanding today against the wild but Lu played average against the Oilers, while giving his team a chance to win and stopping a penalty shot in OT against Hall......lol wow

Schneider made quite a few spectacular saves today if you were watching, and so did Luongo against Edmonton. Difference is, Luongo got beat on two of the shots against him and Schneider only beat on one. Simple as that.

Edited by Salo'sBomb, 07 February 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#83 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Which one... The one on the far left?

Haha lol. The one in the blue next to Schroeder

Edited by RyanKeslord17, 07 February 2013 - 09:40 PM.

Posted Image

#84 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Its so silly to be arguing who is the better goaltender and by what miniscule amount and by what statistic.

We have two very good goalies that are playing at the top of their game.

Can you IMAGINE if one of them was stinkin up the joint? No matter which one, we'd be screwed. Because that would mean MG would have to keep the "keeper" that was playing well, and the other one would have lost a ton of trade value.

Almost as ridiculous are those that are way on the other end and say because they are both playing great we should keep them both through the playoffs. Are you kidding? First off, it usually ends up with only one goalie riding it out. So we wasted a chance to pick up a D or F that could have helped put us over the edge and instead one goalie watches from the bench. Alternatively, if one of the goalies started the playoffs and had to be pulled then it wouldn't have mattered anyways, and it probably means we are already down and close to out in a series.

Anyways, good win.

30rw2li.jpg   ..................... Put Gino in the Ring of Honour!  .......................  2hg788l.jpg

#85 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Loved the lines tonight, great win!!!

#86 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

great problem to have in net for this season when we have 2 nhl starting goalies not many teams can say that in fact i think so far this season we are the only team to have 2 goalies play this well

anahiem do have hiller and fasth but luongo and schneider have the better numbers as a tandem

#87 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

I hope Luongo starts next game.
Posted Image

#88 canucks_qc

canucks_qc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

All I'm saying is .960 save percentage is a huge statement. He IS the starter hence why Luongo is the one on the trade block. Luongo played good, yes, but he dropped off from his last few games in terms of stats. Give Schneider the starts until he has an average game, put Luongo back in.

Why does Luongo let in 2 goals against EDM, 1st goal, Garrisson instead of skating harder and bump Hemsky, he let him take the control of the puck in the slot, the 2nd goal that's a huge turnover made by our d-men, when Luongo was coming back to his crease.

If it wasn't of those mistakes, Luongo could have register easily his 2nd shutout of the season. Stats aren't everything.

We have more than we think in common with ''Le Canadien de Montréal''

Both have logo shapped in ''C''

Canadien and Canucks mean the samething

We both hate the Boston Bruins now

Alain Vigneault coached both teams

Rogers Arena, Centre Bell, it's phones company

We are blue white and green they are blue white and red

Our #1 goalie is from Qc, their #1 goalie is from BC

But we have one important thing different and I hope it will change after the next season, we don't have Stanley Cup banner

#89 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Schneider made quite a few spectacular saves today if you were watching, and so did Luongo against Edmonton. Difference is, Luongo got beat on two of the shots against him and Schneider only beat on one. Simple as that.

lol ok one goal is the difference between average and great. your an idiot, Schneider most likely starts next game. PCE
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#90 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

"Mild" okay that's too much - keep humble Canucks fans...

Overall a pretty good game and a regulation win!

Go Canucks Go!

I never understood the pathetic nicknames some people give teams, like the mild, the coilers, the laughs and the craphawks.

I'm a hockey fan to the core and I have a lot of respect for these teams and their history, I don't always have a lot of respect for all the players playing for these teams however....

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.