The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] - Canucks 4, Mild 1

Ugli Fruit

The Results of this Poll has an Impact on AV's Decision  

204 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All I'm saying is with the caliber we have, if the goalie plays average or pretty good but not outstanding(as Luongo has been playing as of late), simply switch them out. The evidence was that game against Edmonton where he let in 2 goals. He played great, but nothing near what he played the games before where he was hot. Schneider came back in this game and put up a .960 save percentage and bailed the Canucks out of alot. That's an OUTSTANDING game. All I'm trying to say whether you agree with me or not lol

lol nvm dude, how the heck did Schneider bail the team out? He didn't have to because we were leading the whole game, and it was 4-0 end of the 2nd and they only had 23 shots. 4-1 win and 3-2 win, who needed to bail the team out?

Schneider played outstanding today against the wild but Lu played average against the Oilers, while giving his team a chance to win and stopping a penalty shot in OT against Hall......lol wow

Its so silly to be arguing who is the better goaltender and by what miniscule amount and by what statistic.

We have two very good goalies that are playing at the top of their game.

Can you IMAGINE if one of them was stinkin up the joint? No matter which one, we'd be screwed. Because that would mean MG would have to keep the "keeper" that was playing well, and the other one would have lost a ton of trade value.

Almost as ridiculous are those that are way on the other end and say because they are both playing great we should keep them both through the playoffs. Are you kidding? First off, it usually ends up with only one goalie riding it out. So we wasted a chance to pick up a D or F that could have helped put us over the edge and instead one goalie watches from the bench. Alternatively, if one of the goalies started the playoffs and had to be pulled then it wouldn't have mattered anyways, and it probably means we are already down and close to out in a series.

Anyways, good win.

great problem to have in net for this season when we have 2 nhl starting goalies not many teams can say that in fact i think so far this season we are the only team to have 2 goalies play this well

anahiem do have hiller and fasth but luongo and schneider have the better numbers as a tandem

All I'm saying is .960 save percentage is a huge statement. He IS the starter hence why Luongo is the one on the trade block. Luongo played good, yes, but he dropped off from his last few games in terms of stats. Give Schneider the starts until he has an average game, put Luongo back in.

Guest Gumballthechewy

"Mild" okay that's too much - keep humble Canucks fans...

Overall a pretty good game and a regulation win!

Go Canucks Go!

Did you even watch the goals scored against Luongo? Those were the luckiest plays that could've beaten any goalie, no matter how hot they were.

It feels like you focus too much on the numbers instead of what really happens on the ice, which is why so many people are arguing with you.

And a few good games this season all of a sudden erases the fact that Cory Schneider has signed a contract with this team, quite unambiguously to be the starting goaltender for this team, and the fact that Roberto Luongo has asked to be traded and Mike Gillis is actively trying to trade him.

Classic CDC.

In all seriousness Luongo is playing as well as he always has throughout his career. Schneider is doing the same, save for a blowout in the first game of a shortened season following a lockout, in which almost every player in the league was going in to cold. Is there a significant point that has arisen over the course of these past few weeks that would change Mike Gillis' intentions?

To be as reactionary as most of you are being wouldn't serve any GM in professional sports well.

dude your trying to say Schneider made like 40 saves in a tight 1-0 shutout vs the Sharks. Schnieder was solid against the Minnesot Wild didn't need to be huge,because they only threw 23 shots on him. 2 goals allowed against the more offensive Oilers, and a penalty shot is pretty solid too. Lu was solid vs the Oilers, Schneider solid against the Wild. You are try to say the difference between a huge game and an average game is 1 goal. Get real man, you sound so stupid.

Good game all around

Schneider held the team in it when the Wild were starting to come on a bit at 2-0

Great to get goals from so many different players

I was about to start whining about Raymond having gone quiet and then he scored a goal and had the beautiful assist on the Hansen goal

Was hoping Schroeder would get a point. His family was adorable in their private box. So cool to be able to play in front of everyone I'm sure.

Edler still scares me. Getting points doesn't excuse him from taking care of the puck in his own zone and he continues to make high risk plays.

Tanev on the other hand is just so steady, it's amazing.

Good win.

PS - great to see Josh Harding doing well after his MS diagnosis. He'll be an inspiration to many

Archived