The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Progress and Scapegoats

Mad Cow Disease

Great Post. Unfortunately the naysayers, mostly the knobs on TEAM 1040 and especially Blake Price and Matt Sekeres will continue to try and stir it up. As Donnie Taylor says, controversy sells but I for one don't find it that entertaining.

people need to give it a rest on these goalies... we play better infront of them and they start to look better what a shocker this luongo is hot bs was garbage the last 2 games luongo won schnieds easily couldve won them aswell as our team infront of the goalies are playing much better luongo couldve easily won tonight home opener and vs the sharks were the 2 worst games in a long time for this team juggling lines lack of effort you name it it happend. now we are playing great infront of our goalies and everyone is concernd about whos starting. people who think luongo stole us any games or schnieds is playing unreal ect... are people who only watch canuck games watch around the league there are alot of goalis doing the same as them or better with worse teams infront of them. we are not pres trophy winners becasue of our goalies if that was the case lundqvist and quick or renne would be pres trophy winners but they are not y? becasue they dont have the best team infront of them. we need that extra peice or 2 to put us over the hump for the cup and thats why luongo/schnieds needs to go come playoff time one of them will be playing and one will be opening the door for the defence when they couldve been turned into a nice depth skilled player to help us out. just my 2 cents.

people need to give it a rest on these goalies... we play better infront of them and they start to look better what a shocker this luongo is hot bs was garbage the last 2 games luongo won schnieds easily couldve won them aswell as our team infront of the goalies are playing much better luongo couldve easily won tonight home opener and vs the sharks were the 2 worst games in a long time for this team juggling lines lack of effort you name it it happend. now we are playing great infront of our goalies and everyone is concernd about whos starting. people who think luongo stole us any games or schnieds is playing unreal ect... are people who only watch canuck games watch around the league there are alot of goalis doing the same as them or better with worse teams infront of them. we are not pres trophy winners becasue of our goalies if that was the case lundqvist and quick or renne would be pres trophy winners but they are not y? becasue they dont have the best team infront of them. we need that extra peice or 2 to put us over the hump for the cup and thats why luongo/schnieds needs to go come playoff time one of them will be playing and one will be opening the door for the defence when they couldve been turned into a nice depth skilled player to help us out. just my 2 cents.

Sounds like a CDC username...

Actually, the more I see of Eddie the more I think a lot of people have got it wrong. I always hear (see) people comparing Edler to Matthias Ohlund, but to me, he's much closer to Ed Jovanovski. A very talented player, with the ability to be a force, both physically and on the offensive side of the game.

However, much like "Special Ed" prone to lapses in judgement that have both coaches and fans shaking their collective heads.

Actually, I was just thinking this the other day. Edler is more like a less aggressive Jovo. However, Alex is less prone to the defensive lapses (they do happen, just not as frequently as they did with Jovo).

Ohlund was more of a stabilizing/dependable defenceman with offensive capabilities. He played physical but really picked his spots on the ice. Hamhuis (without the size and shot) reminds me more of Ohlund than Edler does. I'm not saying that Ohlund and Hamhuis are equivalent, just that perhaps they are more similar in their contributions than Ohlund and Edler. But, I think that the Edler/Ohlund comparison came when Edler first joined the Canucks and were more representative of future potential/expectations than anything. Throw in the fact that they are both Swedish and relatively similar in size and the comparison stuck.

Archived