• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tanev

Ballard, Raymond, and a Pick..

Now that we are 20% through the season, I think it is officially time to dub this package valuable. Now, I'm not saying it will land us a Malkin or Stamkos, but for the past 2 years I've been hearing of this package being shipped for just about anyone, be it Crosby, Doan, or even Brent Sopel's fallen cracker.

I am not for trading MayRay or KB4, but given their elevated level of play this year, I would certainly think they are worth more than previously thought. We all know our prospect cupboard isn't the deepest and there are quite a few teams that need these 2 a lot more than we do. 4+ million is a bit steep for a 3rd pairing d-man on the Canucks, and Raymond being a UFA likely will be gone for nothing at the end of the season.

To this end, here are a few trade proposals I've come up with, taking into account the increasing value of our assets:

From NYI:

Nino Niederreiter

Matt Donovan

David Ullstrom

-----------------------

From TOR:

Tyler Biggs

Carter Ashton

Korbinian Holzer

------------------------

From WSH:

Marcus Johannsson

Stanislav Galiev

-------------------------

From FLA:

Alex Petrovic

Quinton Howden

Now that we are 20% through the season, I think it is officially time to dub this package valuable. Now, I'm not saying it will land us a Malkin or Stamkos, but for the past 2 years I've been hearing of this package being shipped for just about anyone, be it Crosby, Doan, or even Brent Sopel's fallen cracker.

I am not for trading MayRay or KB4, but given their elevated level of play this year, I would certainly think they are worth more than previously thought. We all know our prospect cupboard isn't the deepest and there are quite a few teams that need these 2 a lot more than we do. 4+ million is a bit steep for a 3rd pairing d-man on the Canucks, and Raymond being a UFA likely will be gone for nothing at the end of the season.

To this end, here are a few trade proposals I've come up with, taking into account the increasing value of our assets:

From NYI:

Nino Niederreeiter

Matt Donovan

David Ullstrom

-----------------------

From TOR:

Tyler Biggs

Carter Ashton

Korbinian Holzer

------------------------

From WSH:

Marcus Johannsson

Stanislav Galiev

-------------------------

From FLA:

Alex Petrovic

Quinton Howden

Sign me up for Niederreiter. Perhaps that could be a draft day deal with the way Ballard and Raymond are playing?

Why trade a good defenceman and a gritty forward, when they are playing well? Trade a highly-rising Schneider to Minnesota for some offensive talent. That way, you get to keep Raymond, Ballard, and the likes of Parise or Suter.

Why trade a good defenceman and a gritty forward, when they are playing well? Trade a highly-rising Schneider to Minnesota for some offensive talent. That way, you get to keep Raymond, Ballard, and the likes of Parise or Suter.

....am I the only one who thinks these 4 packages are NOT enough for Ballard, Raymond and a 1st?

How about Ballard to PIT for Deryk Engelland? The both play about 16 minutes a game but Engelland is $500,000 a season and adds more toughness.