The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ballard, Raymond, and a Pick..

Tanev

Now that we are 20% through the season, I think it is officially time to dub this package valuable. Now, I'm not saying it will land us a Malkin or Stamkos, but for the past 2 years I've been hearing of this package being shipped for just about anyone, be it Crosby, Doan, or even Brent Sopel's fallen cracker.

I am not for trading MayRay or KB4, but given their elevated level of play this year, I would certainly think they are worth more than previously thought. We all know our prospect cupboard isn't the deepest and there are quite a few teams that need these 2 a lot more than we do. 4+ million is a bit steep for a 3rd pairing d-man on the Canucks, and Raymond being a UFA likely will be gone for nothing at the end of the season.

To this end, here are a few trade proposals I've come up with, taking into account the increasing value of our assets:

From NYI:

Nino Niederreiter

Matt Donovan

David Ullstrom

-----------------------

From TOR:

Tyler Biggs

Carter Ashton

Korbinian Holzer

------------------------

From WSH:

Marcus Johannsson

Stanislav Galiev

-------------------------

From FLA:

Alex Petrovic

Quinton Howden

Now that we are 20% through the season, I think it is officially time to dub this package valuable. Now, I'm not saying it will land us a Malkin or Stamkos, but for the past 2 years I've been hearing of this package being shipped for just about anyone, be it Crosby, Doan, or even Brent Sopel's fallen cracker.

I am not for trading MayRay or KB4, but given their elevated level of play this year, I would certainly think they are worth more than previously thought. We all know our prospect cupboard isn't the deepest and there are quite a few teams that need these 2 a lot more than we do. 4+ million is a bit steep for a 3rd pairing d-man on the Canucks, and Raymond being a UFA likely will be gone for nothing at the end of the season.

To this end, here are a few trade proposals I've come up with, taking into account the increasing value of our assets:

From NYI:

Nino Niederreeiter

Matt Donovan

David Ullstrom

-----------------------

From TOR:

Tyler Biggs

Carter Ashton

Korbinian Holzer

------------------------

From WSH:

Marcus Johannsson