The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Australian Children To Be Banned from Blowing Candles

allkill326

Australia as a country seems like an overprotective parent. I always hear more and more ridiculous laws coming out of there, all about bubble wrapping kid, and it's only going to end up causing more harm than help.

My immune system is an absolute tank because I was always exposed to germs at a young age. Shared food with everybody, always outside, didn't mind being around sick people. That's how it works.

Not to mention that ridiculous rule there's also this:

"Daycare staff should also be required to clean toys, doorknobs, floors and cushion covers with germ-killing disinfectant on a daily basis, while youngsters must wash their hands with alcohol-based sanitizer before and after playing in sandpits, says the NHMRC."

You know, the residue from the disinfectant and sanitizer is probably worse for those kids than any germs they might be killing. Whatever happened to good old fashioned soap?

We're probably headed towards children who's bodies can't fight off infection, because they are exposed to an almost sterile environment.

When we were kids we played in mud, muck, got colds, etc. and most of us turned out quite healthy.

I'm starting to see parents as obsessively overprotective, and not preparing their kids for real life. Little Jack gets in trouble, it's everyone else's fault but the child. Little Jane hurts herself at the playground. Bulldoze the playground.

No one is perfect, stop expecting your kids to be! Teach them responsibility, and cooperation, and mutual respect, and to go out and laugh, play, and enjoy life. Quit destroying kids all too brief childhood with trying to make mini-mindless drones out of them. Let them be kids!

Australia as a country seems like an overprotective parent. I always hear more and more ridiculous laws coming out of there, all about bubble wrapping kid, and it's only going to end up causing more harm than help.

My immune system is an absolute tank because I was always exposed to germs at a young age. Shared food with everybody, always outside, didn't mind being around sick people. That's how it works.

This is just one more example of why the hippy-crite Boomers should have never been allowed into the driver's seat of society.

It's like every other decision they make is consviously intended so that following generations will be stuck in a world that's as strict and not fun as possible.

Archived