Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scorevat

Possible best NHL d-pairing in the near future?

If seth jones to CBJ (after a couple seasons together)   21 members have voted

1. 1. If Columbus drafts Seth Jones how would you rank murray-jones as a pairing

• One of the best D-pairings in the NHL
    • One or both of them will be busts
    • Steady two-way pairing
    • Borderline NHL'ers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 posts in this topic

If Columbus bombs this season again, which i doubt they place in the upper class of the NHL (stranger things have happened though), they receive yet another high pick. If they pick Seth Jones, a potential future d-pairing line could be Ryan Murray- Seth Jones. Could this be one of the best D-pairing lines in the NHL after a couple of seasons of them playing together and developing chemistry. Hopefully CBJ doesn't get a high pick and draft jones, drouin, or mackinnon. This is assuming that they draft Seth Jones. Thoughts?

As said by Nathan Mackinnon above me, Columbus needs scoring. NOW. Their defence should be fine as they already have Jack Johnson, James Wisniewski and also Ryan Murray (Kris Russel is decent as well)

What a random thought. But yes, what the other two said.

By the way, Kris Russell plays for the Blues.

At this point, Washington has an equally, if not better chance of landing any one of MacKinnon, Drouin, or Jones. They are hur-ting.

I don't think of either of them as good defensive guys, but I don't know much about their play.

They need scoring. After Nash was traded, they really got nothing back for him.

THeir defence is fine like others have said.. Jack Johnson, James Wisniewski, Ryan Murray, Fedor Tyutin as their top 4 right now.. And they have a couple of great spects that have yet to round out with David Savard and John Moore. Also got Tim Erixon and Cody Goloubef who still have a few years before they reach their full potentials. Goaltending is a lock. They only need good goaltending from both Steve Mason and Sergei Bobrovsky. As long as they get average goaltending, within a decade or so, hopefully shorter for CBJ fans, they'll get the necessary scoring and they'll be a legit team to watch out for.

You have to pick the best player available, and it could very well be Seth Jones. I'd pick Seth Jones over Mackinnon and Drouins. You draft for potential. There are less Prongers than they are skilled forwards. Seth Jones looks like the complete package. He isn't Kevin Bieksa, far from it. If he was Kevin Bieksa, he wouldn't even be considered a 1st rounder. We haven't seen a defense man like Jones to accomplish what he has, in his age, ever. He's everything Erik Johnson was suppose to be. Is it worth the risk? Hell yes.

You have to pick the best player available, and it could very well be Seth Jones. I'd pick Seth Jones over Mackinnon and Drouins. You draft for potential. There are less Prongers than they are skilled forwards. Seth Jones looks like the complete package. He isn't Kevin Bieksa, far from it. If he was Kevin Bieksa, he wouldn't even be considered a 1st rounder. We haven't seen a defense man like Jones to accomplish what he has, in his age, ever. He's everything Erik Johnson was suppose to be. Is it worth the risk? Hell yes.

I said he plays a similar style to Kevin Bieksa. I never actually said he was a replica of Kevin Bieksa. Read carefully.

So Jones doesn't join the rush. Okay then.

Obviously I know Jones is three times the defenceman Bieksa will ever be, but to say that Jones doesn't have a similar two way game is amusing

Don't forget all 14 teams that miss the playoffs randomly get put 1-14 so everyone that misses gets a chance at first overall

Don't forget all 14 teams that miss the playoffs randomly get put 1-14 so everyone that misses gets a chance at first overall

Yup last place has a 25% chance at first overall and 14th place is like 2.3% i think, then theres everything in between

Yeah is it makes sure teams don't just lose on purpose late in the season to get first interesting to see how it works out this draft