Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Vintage Canuck-

[Trade] Panthers - Kings

62 posts in this topic

@ToddCordell: The Florida Panthers have announced they've traded defenseman Keaton Ellerby to the LA Kings in exchange for a 5th round pick.

hmmm.... I can only assume that this is in preparation for another move.

Dude didn't cost that much...

Pretty cheap for a young, 6'4'' 6/7th Dman who is only making 700K.

Looking into it, doesn't seem that way. Panthers had 8 d-men up on 1 ways because of injuries and now that everyone is healthy someone had to go. Ellerby was the odd man out

He is certainly an upgrade on Barker IMHO as well as being really young with some upside. If Gillis and Tallon are chatting regularly, I wonder why we didn't get in on this.

hmmm.... I can only assume that this is in preparation for another move.

Dude didn't cost that much...

I don't get why they choose to let go of Ellerby of all their 1-way d-men. And didn't get much in return IMO... Oh well...

Wouldn't it have been easier for LA to just ship Lokitonov to Florida for Ellerby?

Would make sense if we didn't have Tanev but Ellerby is too good to sit but not good enough to make any of our dmen sit

It better be. Could this be the day that Luongo gets his wish, and ends up in Florida?

Amazed that Ellerby went for such a low price. Reminds me a little bit of when Philadelphia stole Coburn from Atlanta many years ago. Can't believe Tallon would give up on a guy his age this quickly. A 5th round pick?!? Unreal.

Nobody makes a trade with Florida but us! NOBODY!!

Seriously though, Ellerby is not that good. people on here are overrating him cause of his size. He'd be an 8th spot defenseman on this team and probably wouldn't see any ice time.

Annoying move tbh - Ellerby isn't a "cap dump" - he's an ELC making 700k. Can't see Tallon's angle here at all - and hate to see giveaways going to the SC Champs. bleck.

Crap. I was his camp counsellor for years, now he is a king.

Would make sense if we didn't have Tanev but Ellerby is too good to sit but not good enough to make any of our dmen sit

Probably means that Gudbranson is ready to go now though.

Seriously though, Ellerby is not that good. people on here are overrating him cause of his size. He'd be an 8th spot defenseman on this team and probably wouldn't see any ice time.