Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Everybody Hates Raymond

[Rumour/Speculation] Capitals may try to trade Ovechkin

135 posts in this topic

Washington receives:

Luongo

Booth

Raymond

Ballard

Vancouver receives:

Ovechkin

Unnamed prospect/low pick

Washington receives:

Luongo

Booth

Raymond

Ballard

Vancouver receives:

Ovechkin

Unnamed prospect/low pick

Remember that NHL teams can trade salary/keep some salary from trades with the new CBA. With a contract like Ovi's, I can imagine the recieving team wouldn't want the full cap hit.

I wouldn't do it. What if Ovechkin keeps getting worse?

Booth is a 30 goal guy when healthy. Tanev has been one of our best d-men. Jensen is something we sorely lack - quality offensive prospects.

I'll consider it Washington GM getting rid of all the vitriol trials and tribulations he had from keeping Ovechkin in his team. :)

wow I can't believe everyone loves ovi...

he is the next Lecalvier... overpaid and underperforming... with potential...

I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see him dominate. He was like Bure, only better. But while Bure went down with a knee but still gave it all (with a season or 2 of tentative recovery in there) ovi is ???? wtf is really up with him anyways?

why would you really want ovi? It can't be his play the last 2 seasons... and for 10m? ?? really? If he was still putting up 40 or 50 goals per year, then yes.... but he's no Mike Bossy... (not enough determination? heart?) ??

wow I can't believe everyone loves ovi...

he is the next Lecalvier... overpaid and underperforming... with potential...

I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see him dominate. He was like Bure, only better. But while Bure went down with a knee but still gave it all (with a season or 2 of tentative recovery in there) ovi is ???? wtf is really up with him anyways?

why would you really want ovi? It can't be his play the last 2 seasons... and for 10m? ?? really? If he was still putting up 40 or 50 goals per year, then yes.... but he's no Mike Bossy... (not enough determination? heart?) ??

And I can't believe some people wouldn't jump at the chance at getting Alexander Ovechkin. The guys scored 60+ goals before for crying out loud. If GMGM calls up Gillis and offers Ovechkin for a Luongo package along the lines of Luongo, Higgins, Raymond and a 1st he would be dumb to not accept it.

Except this is our lineup after that trade:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Ovechkin

Kassian-Schroeder-Hansen

Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise

Malhotra

Who steps into the top 9 once an injury happens? Who slots into the lineup if 2 forwards are injured? Do you REALLY want to risk Ebbett being back in the lineup? I sure don't. How do you propose we stay under the cap next year after that trade?

If I'm MG, my offer is Luongo and Booth for Ovechkin. Take it or leave it.

And I can't believe some people wouldn't jump at the chance at getting Alexander Ovechkin. The guys scored 60+ goals before for crying out loud. If GMGM calls up Gillis and offers Ovechkin for a Luongo package along the lines of Luongo, Higgins, Raymond and a 1st he would be dumb to not accept it.

Ovie is no longer a super star. HIs trade value is not very high. A team like Columbus or Phoenix could use him as those teams would finally have a face for their franchise. To bad those teams can't afford hos contract.

Ovechkin is still a superstar, I honestly think his struggles have to do with his team. Reminds me of the Nash situation.

ovi is a shade of the man that tore up the nhl due to INJURIES, he has clearly lost his top gear because of his knee injuries, that nd he is not the hard core fitness addict that guys like crosby, tows, sedins are. His special-ness is not coming back. WSH cannot afford another big contract- I mean they can, but they cannot afford to have another player on a big contract who is not earning every cent of that contract

Can't believe some of the comments on here. Is he overpaid. Yes. However, if he were made available, you would see all 29 teams calling and asking what it would take to acquire him. He just can't carry that team by himself anymore, which is understandable.