The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Speculation] Capitals may try to trade Ovechkin

wow I can't believe everyone loves ovi...

he is the next Lecalvier... overpaid and underperforming... with potential...

I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see him dominate. He was like Bure, only better. But while Bure went down with a knee but still gave it all (with a season or 2 of tentative recovery in there) ovi is ???? wtf is really up with him anyways?

why would you really want ovi? It can't be his play the last 2 seasons... and for 10m? ?? really? If he was still putting up 40 or 50 goals per year, then yes.... but he's no Mike Bossy... (not enough determination? heart?) ??

wow I can't believe everyone loves ovi...

he is the next Lecalvier... overpaid and underperforming... with potential...

I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see him dominate. He was like Bure, only better. But while Bure went down with a knee but still gave it all (with a season or 2 of tentative recovery in there) ovi is ???? wtf is really up with him anyways?

why would you really want ovi? It can't be his play the last 2 seasons... and for 10m? ?? really? If he was still putting up 40 or 50 goals per year, then yes.... but he's no Mike Bossy... (not enough determination? heart?) ??

And I can't believe some people wouldn't jump at the chance at getting Alexander Ovechkin. The guys scored 60+ goals before for crying out loud. If GMGM calls up Gillis and offers Ovechkin for a Luongo package along the lines of Luongo, Higgins, Raymond and a 1st he would be dumb to not accept it.

Except this is our lineup after that trade:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Ovechkin

Kassian-Schroeder-Hansen

Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise

Malhotra

Who steps into the top 9 once an injury happens? Who slots into the lineup if 2 forwards are injured? Do you REALLY want to risk Ebbett being back in the lineup? I sure don't. How do you propose we stay under the cap next year after that trade?

If I'm MG, my offer is Luongo and Booth for Ovechkin. Take it or leave it.

ovi is a shade of the man that tore up the nhl due to INJURIES, he has clearly lost his top gear because of his knee injuries, that nd he is not the hard core fitness addict that guys like crosby, tows, sedins are. His special-ness is not coming back. WSH cannot afford another big contract- I mean they can, but they cannot afford to have another player on a big contract who is not earning every cent of that contract

Can't believe some of the comments on here. Is he overpaid. Yes. However, if he were made available, you would see all 29 teams calling and asking what it would take to acquire him. He just can't carry that team by himself anymore, which is understandable.

Archived