The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Chicago Wolves @ Hamilton Bulldogs - 2/8/13, 4:30PM PST

NuxFan09

Finally, we get a new matchup for the Wolves than the usual suspects (Rivermen, Admirals, IceHogs). The Wolves will be in Hamilton face the Bulldogs (Montreal Canadiens farm team) at 4:30 PST today. The Bulldogs are last in the entire AHL with a 15-23-6 record and their goaltending, as I understand it, is pretty awful. Their best in net is Cedrick Desjardins, who has a 7-12-2 record and a 2.94 GAA and .904 Save%. It'll likely be him in net today for them.

Man, we're half an hour away from puck drop and there is still no preview on the Wolves website for the game. I've been really disappointed with their website in that regard, since the pre-game stories are usually helpful to get info on likely starting goalies, scratches etc. I do know that Climie was supposed to be ready for tonight's game so I have a hunch we'll see him in net tonight for the Wolves.

Note: Adam Polasek finally draws back into the lineup again for the Wolves tonight. Surprisingly, it's Hunt who is sitting in favour of Polasek.

Full lineup:

Sweatt - Gordon - Haydar

Arcbibald - Longpre - Rodin

Miller - Friesen - Desbiens

DiDiomete - Kattelus - Davies

Joslin - Andersson

Matheson - Connauton

Vandermeer - Polasek

Climie

Side note: It's tough to get a good read on player performances by listening to the radio in general, but it's especially tough with the guys that make the call for Wolves games. Don't want to criticize them too much, as they're good at what they do, but they talk A LOT so there isn't as much actual play-by-play as you'd like, more stories and thoughts out loud by the colour guy.

Another odd man chance involving Rodin but the Bulldogs defenseman was able to prevent a sure goal for Rodin into a wide open cage. Rodin is definitely improving, that's for sure.

Archived