The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - Calgary Flames vs Vancouver Canucks | 7pm | CBC

DirectCanuck

Calgary is actually playing some pretty good hockey early in the year. They've played fewer games than a lot of teams so their record looks worse than it should. It'll be really tough for them without Backlund and Kiprusoff, but a lot of times teams pick it up the first game after getting bad injury news. I think Calgary will give us a really tough game. OT would not be a surprise at all, and it will probably be a high-tempo affair with some hard hitting.

Great GDT.

Why is it that some poster(s) always has to complain about: the lineup, the injuries, the font, the background, the record of the teams, the point leaders, etc. Do you guys really spend five minutes mulling over whether Cervenka is a plus 2 or a plus 3 on the season?

Somebody did their best effort to make a GDT. You aren't paying them to do it, stop being so critical. Its not as if these errors impacted your ability to enjoy the game. If you think Kassian will be on the third line and Hansen the second line, that's fine, but do you really need the OP to change the starting lineup just to reflect your opinion? We all know that AV is going to mix up the lines half way through the first anyway......

....No ! they definitely weren't too shabby against us.We certainly aren't out of that realm either,Except for our goalies.1 game where we played well dosen't make us great either.The other games were won by the play of our goalies.

Try not to get ahead of yourself thinking other teams need re-builds but we don't but are playing just as bad

I don't think this is going to be a wash like most are predicting. Every time the Canucks are facing a back up or a goalie who they should light up, they never do. I think this one will be a tight checking game because Calgary's defense is really going to step up for Irving.

3-2 Canucks

The Calgary Flames?!

The Flames beat Columbus in OT and after the game Tanguay comments that the whole team is playing better.

How is he evaluating the team, by using the bargain basement litmus test?

Look, the Flames beat Columbus in OT and all I can hear is the Macho Man Randy Savage saying,

“This is Calgary “Flickering” Flames cuppa coffee in the big time, Yeah.

Cuppa coffee in the big time!

Because they'll never get closer than now.

I am the intercontinental heavyweight champion

And I will remain the intercontinental heavyweight champion!”

- Macho Man Randy Savage

machoman.jpg

Bring it! Ohhhhh yeah!

Archived