765 replies to this topic

#31 HuddieJ

HuddieJ

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

I personally feel the Flames always seem to show up against us the last two years.Tight game, 4-2 Nucks. Assume there will be an empty netter to seal it.

#32 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Calgary is slowly climbing out of their basement, so it's the Canucks duty to pound them back to the basement.

6-0 flawless victory.

......I believe we have quite a lot of dreamers on board right now.The game against the Wild was no yardstick they didn't even come to play .Hence Schneiders good not great shot in goal.Depending how much they miss Kiprosoff will play a major part and depending which goalie is in our net.Assuming Schneider, and Flames don't miss Kipper too much 2-1 Flames possible 3-2 OT win for Canucks if they do miss him.

Edited by fagin, 08 February 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#33 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

I'm just going off of the lineups they posted on their main website.. Although I probably should've went with logic.

Oh, yeah they are mostly wrong.

zackass.png

#34 canucktican

canucktican

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

nice gdt! 4-1 Canucks!

#35 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Wonder how long before someone in Calgary comes to their senses and realize they need to rebuild.

#36 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,904 posts

may I be the first to ask: "who is starting in net for the Canucks?"

Let's all trust the coin!

307mg00.jpg

#37 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Great GDT.

Why is it that some poster(s) always has to complain about: the lineup, the injuries, the font, the background, the record of the teams, the point leaders, etc. Do you guys really spend five minutes mulling over whether Cervenka is a plus 2 or a plus 3 on the season?

Somebody did their best effort to make a GDT. You aren't paying them to do it, stop being so critical. Its not as if these errors impacted your ability to enjoy the game. If you think Kassian will be on the third line and Hansen the second line, that's fine, but do you really need the OP to change the starting lineup just to reflect your opinion? We all know that AV is going to mix up the lines half way through the first anyway......

I agree 100% same people that probably cried to their mommy when the roast beef was touching mash potatoes on the dinner plate.

It should be mandatory to +1 someone that took the time out of their day to make a GDT for all of us to use.

Eat what is on your plate brats.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#38 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Sphincter

• Members
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Let's all trust the coin!

My coin said Luongo. Wonder what AV's will say.
Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#39 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

Wonder how long before someone in Calgary comes to their senses and realize they need to rebuild.

....They definitely don't need it right now.This was evident if you watched their game against the Hawks.Just as good as the Canucks.Providing they don't miss kipper too much we'll struggle to beat them.

#40 SheIsTheOne

SheIsTheOne

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

5-1 Canucks

#41 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,140 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

I predict DJ Dave wears out the "Woo" button tomorrow night.

aXmDa9t.gif

#42 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

....They definitely don't need it right now.This was evident if you watched their game against the Hawks.Just as good as the Canucks.Providing they don't miss kipper too much we'll struggle to beat them.

1 game tells you they don't need a rebuild?

#43 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

false sense of optimism. You cheer for the f7ames, you should now this by now.

#44 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,291 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

5-2 Canucks.

Raymond with 2 goals, Schroeder with 2 assists.
Sedins with a goal and assist combined.
Burrows with a goal.
Another goal from the blueline, maybe Garrison.
Posted Image

#45 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

1 game tells you they don't need a rebuild?

....No ! they definitely weren't too shabby against us.We certainly aren't out of that realm either,Except for our goalies.1 game where we played well dosen't make us great either.The other games were won by the play of our goalies.
Try not to get ahead of yourself thinking other teams need re-builds but we don't but are playing just as bad

Edited by fagin, 08 February 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#46 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Holy crap, some of you are sure hung up on that Blackhawks vs Flames game. The Blackhawks were at the end of 3 games in 4 nights on the road. Minnesota to Vancouver to Calgary. Anyone who watched that game(even some Flames fans) knew that was a D- effort from the Blackhawks yet they still managed to win, mostly because of Ray Emery. I am not trying to bash the Flames, I just don't think it's to fair to keep bringing that game up like it was some victorious feat.
Posted Image

#47 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

false sense of optimism. You cheer for the f7ames, you should now this by now.

I don't cheer any team other than the Canucks.But I am not narrow minded enough as to not watch other teams play.
That's how a person gets a better assessment of who they're playing,unlike some who bleat without ever studying the opposition.

#48 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Holy crap, some of you are sure hung up on that Blackhawks vs Flames game. The Blackhawks were at the end of 3 games in 4 nights on the road. Minnesota to Vancouver to Calgary. Anyone who watched that game(even some Flames fans) knew that was a D- effort from the Blackhawks yet they still managed to win, mostly because of Ray Emery. I am not trying to bash the Flames, I just don't think it's to fair to keep bringing that game up like it was some victorious feat.

...Although you can't disregard it IF you're studying form.(You know like ALL top gamblers do) or don't you know this?

#49 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

...Although you can't disregard it IF you're studying form.(You know like ALL top gamblers do) or don't you know this?

I guess I don't know. Disregard what? That the Flames dominated a tired team and still lost?
Posted Image

#50 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

I predict the Canucks win it, keep the streak going.. Flames are bottom feeders, desperately trying to get away without rebuilding, but they need it badly.

#51 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

I predict embarrassment of the Flames backup goaltender.

6-1 Canucks

Raymond
Burrows
Daniel (2)
Hansen
Edler

Henrik gets 4 assists putting him ahead of Nasland for all time points.

Iginla scores for the Flames.

#52 lukekim

lukekim

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

We always have tight games against Flames. It will be great efforts from two teams and good game. I hope we win but, I predict 4-3 Flames OT win. For us, D.Sedin, Hansen, Edler.

#53 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 71,904 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Anyone else miss the WCE era where we would always look forward facing the Flames? I guess in the recent years, we have been dominating the Flames and it's pretty predictable.

307mg00.jpg

#54 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

I guess I don't know. Disregard what? That the Flames dominated a tired team and still lost?

Ok as most say regular season don't mean shyte.They didn't make the playoffs they have no excuses to make.On the other hand we did and the excuses were pathetic.We ain't that much ahead if at all.

Edited by fagin, 08 February 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#55 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 71,904 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Also, Leland Irving's 1st NHL win came in Vancouver on Dec. 23, 2011 when he stopped 29 of 30 shots.

307mg00.jpg

#56 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Also, Leland Irving's 1st NHL win came in Vancouver on Dec. 23, 2011 when he stopped 29 of 30 shots.

That's good form to note! Interesting.

#57 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Ok as most say regular season don't mean shyte.They didn't make the playoffs they have no excuses to make.On the other hand we did and the excuses were pathetic.We ain't that much ahead if at all.

I really don't know what you are talking about. Excuses for losing to the cup champs? We ain't much ahead of the flames? With all do respect to the flames, I don't think it's even close yet. We've been lucky early on but still managed a 6-2-2 start...which I would've taken that all day on January 18th. And we've done it while missing two top six forwards.....

Am I being trolled hard?? :blink:
Posted Image

#58 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Canucks should take this one. 4-1

Flames are basement dwellers and all they have to look forward to is the draft lottery, they aren't remotely close to a playoff team.

#59 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

I guess not many of you watched the Flamers absolutely dominate the Blackhawks the other night.

If it wasn't for the goaltending performance of the year by Ray Emery it would have been a blowout.

this may be a pretty tough test.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#60 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

I really don't know what you are talking about. Excuses for losing to the cup champs? We ain't much ahead of the flames? With all do respect to the flames, I don't think it's even close yet. We've been lucky early on but still managed a 6-2-2 start...which I would've taken that all day on January 18th. And we've done it while missing two top six forwards.....

Am I being trolled hard?? :blink:

....They weren't cup champs when they destroyed us,just a team that SCRAPED into the 8th spot.Also we are only missing one top 6 forward that being Booth.Keslers been missing since 2011.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.