The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks taking closer look at Western Canada prospects

canuck_trevor16

Why are people proposing to get Matt Kassian?

The guy is literally a plug to our roster.

Sure the guy may have a good attitude and stuff, but he's not a points producer or an "energy guy". I think the third and fourth line might need some re-assembling but M. Kassian won't be useful.

Yeah the Canucks scouting has really hurt us. Look at our lineup right now at all the drafting failures:

Hansen, Raymond, Schroeder, D Sedin, H Sedin, Kesler, Bieksa, Edler. EDIT and Schneider (thanks Ossi)

Lets look at some of our prospects:

Jensen, Gaunce, Suave, Archibald, Sweatt, Beattie, Friesen, Rai, Lack, Cannata, Andersson, Connauton, Corrado, McNally, Price.

And thats just the tip of the iceberg. For a ream that has finished high up in the picks so far for the last few years, I like our prospect pool better then any other teams.

And don't forget those prospects Kassian and Tanev who were brought to the attention of the nucks by the scouts. Did you know Tanev wasn't even drafted even though he is arguably our best Defensemen right now?

And also for fun we have on our roster 14 Canadians. 3 from BC, 2 from Alberta, 3 from Quebec, 4 from Ontario, and 2 Manitoba boys. We also have 7 Americans, 3 Sweedes and a Dane in a pear tree.

About time. Remember Jamie Benn was a 5th round draft choice playing right under their nose. Not only should they be scouting locally with paid employees they should have relationships with local coaches and former players that live in the area and talk to them from time to time to see if they are aware of local undervalued prospects.

Plus one fer a fine post!

Relationships teach which tracks to follow...

About time. Remember Jamie Benn was a 5th round draft choice playing right under their nose. Not only should they be scouting locally with paid employees they should have relationships with local coaches and former players that live in the area and talk to them from time to time to see if they are aware of local undervalued prospects.

What's the deal with trademarking a nickname??!?!?!?? Is he planning to market a line of KASSASSIN hockey gear or snowboards?

Well, maybe that's the reason. The only hockey related trademark I can think of with a players name is Tim Horton.

I know i'm totally off topic, but someone else went off first and a bunch followed.....Back to it.

Western Canadian players? Seems like a good route to take. i'm sure some of these players like the idea of being at or close to home. That being said, the NHL attracts an international audience.

Needless to say, some of the past best player prospects that have achieved greatness in the NHL are from somewhere else. In fact, I believe such players, past and present in the Canucks belong to the, "somewhere else" category.

It seems a sound idea, but they shouldn't concentrate on it. I'm sure they're keeping their options open.

Archived