#1 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Detroit Defenseman:
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m)*
Kent Huskins ($0.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.578m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.050m)
(*Injury)
Cap space: $4,688,788

With Ian White just recently returning from injury to his leg, Detroit's defensive group looks not so bad. However, Detroit's defence shows that it is feeble when a defenseman suffers an injury for them. Adding one more strong defenseman, in my opinion could solve their issue right now.

Im not purposing a trade with Canucks like most users suggest. I think Detroit should go via free agency. Many top notch defenseman are still looking for jobs.

Shaone Morrisonn: He is a tough stay-at-home defenseman standing 6ft4in. He is thirty years old, making him one of the more experienced guys. 2010-11 62GP 1G 4A

Colin White: Big body defenseman at a height of 6ft4in, and a weight of 215lbs. The thirty-five year old veteran has achieved two stanley cups with the Devils in 2001 and 2003. Failed to gain a contract with the Blues this season on a PTO. 2011-12 51GP 1G 3A

Pavel Kubina: A great defenseman with a huge frame and offensive ability. 6ft4in and weighing 250lbs. Also thirty-five years old currently playing in his home country Czech league. Also has a stanley cup on his resume, in 2003-04 season. 2011-12 69GP 3G 12A

What do you guys think?

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#2 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,192 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Apparently Quincey has been brutal.

zackass.png

#3 susraiders

susraiders

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

I doubt that Kubina will come back to the NHL this season. However, if they have the contract room (which I'm not sure about) then the Red Wings should go out and sign somebody to shore up their defense. There is no such thing as too much defensive depth. Additionally, this will put pressure on the current defenseman to play better or else they could sit in the press box while someone else takes their job.

#4 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

And people complain that we have Ballard on our team..
Posted Image

#5 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

inb4 we trade Raymond+ Ballard+ First
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#6 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,218 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

How does this sound?

To Detroit: Niklas Hjalmarsson

To Chicago: Valterri Filpulla

I know Filpulla's a UFA after this season but I'm sure Chicago will be able to re-sign him.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#7 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

How does this sound?

To Detroit: Niklas Hjalmarsson

To Chicago: Valterri Filpulla

I know Filpulla's a UFA after this season but I'm sure Chicago will be able to re-sign him.

Hjalmarsson really isn't anything special, meanwhile Filpulla has developed really nicely over the last 2 seasons into one of the fastest scorers, averaging around a point-per-game. Massive rip off for Detroit, they should ask for a 1st rounder as well or a prospect to even this up.
Posted Image

#8 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

Hjalmarsson really isn't anything special, meanwhile Filpulla has developed really nicely over the last 2 seasons into one of the fastest scorers, averaging around a point-per-game. Massive rip off for Detroit, they should ask for a 1st rounder as well or a prospect to even this up.

Filppula has a career high of 66 points, which is a far cry from a point-per-game, but I do doubt Detroit would swap him for Hjalmarsson (unless contract negotiations with Filppula were going poorly).

#9 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

I think ballard would fit their system quite well. Just not sure if Detroit would have interest or what they would return?

1st round pick? prospect and mid round pick? Doubt they would trade Filpulla for Ballard

If I was MG i would call Ken Holland and be like "hey Kenny, its Mike, I see your defence has been ravaged by injuries, we got a smooth skating guy in Keith Ballard would you have interest?

Wouldnt hurt to make the call to a few teams that are lookin for a solid D man

#10 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

I think ballard would fit their system quite well. Just not sure if Detroit would have interest or what they would return?

1st round pick? prospect and mid round pick? Doubt they would trade Filpulla for Ballard

If I was MG i would call Ken Holland and be like "hey Kenny, its Mike, I see your defence has been ravaged by injuries, we got a smooth skating guy in Keith Ballard would you have interest?

Wouldnt hurt to make the call to a few teams that are lookin for a solid D man

Why would we trade Ballard? He'd have to be replaced.

#11 missioncanucksfan

missioncanucksfan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Why do we have threads on how to fix other teams? I could give a crap if detroit, wash and others suck for years to come

#12 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Why do we have threads on how to fix other teams? I could give a crap if detroit, wash and others suck for years to come

I'm not only a Canuck fan, but also a hockey fan.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#13 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Why would we trade Ballard? He'd have to be replaced.

he still has a 4.2m cap hit and thats far too much for a 5th d man, especially with the cap going down. even with a goalie trade we have to resign some players. We have barker alberts and vandermeer signed this year to fill 8-14min a night if need be.

clearing 4.2m cap going forward would just be nice to be able to do, and with all other d basically holding ntc's hes the logical higher priced d man to be moved, plus hes not a coach favourite by anymeans and with his play thus far i think we could get a half decent return

#14 TspecPA

TspecPA

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

How about a trade that upgrades Det and Van in the areas needed. My proposal actually be two trades.
To Van. Franzen
To Det. Ballard,Tanev and a pick if required to pry Franzen

These two may not be noticed individually,but their great play together, I'm sure had been noticed around the league giving them value. Detroit gets a good D pair and we get a work horse with scoring ability. Now replacement for our lost D.

To Was. Luongo,Raymond(to make room for Franzen)
To Van. John Carlson,Karl Alzner and 2013 1st

Sedin Sedin Franzen
Booth Kessler Burrows
Higgins Schroeder Kassian
Volpatti Lapierre Hansen
Weise Malhotra Gaunce Jensen

Edler Garrison
Bieksa Hamhius
Carlson Alzner
Barker Vandermeer Connauton

#15 missioncanucksfan

missioncanucksfan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Dude..... Wake up

You do realize that Franzen is like 34 and often injured after years of the poundings he takes in front of the net. Can you imagine us still paying him on our roster at age 39?

Luongo "might" and thats a big might get you one of Carlson or Alzner but not both plus their 1st pick which will likely be top 5.

Edited by missioncanucksfan, 09 February 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#16 TspecPA

TspecPA

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

I'm actually going to make my previous post as a new proposal. See what kind of response there is.

#17 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,218 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

How about a trade that upgrades Det and Van in the areas needed. My proposal actually be two trades.
To Van. Franzen
To Det. Ballard,Tanev and a pick if required to pry Franzen

These two may not be noticed individually,but their great play together, I'm sure had been noticed around the league giving them value. Detroit gets a good D pair and we get a work horse with scoring ability. Now replacement for our lost D.

To Was. Luongo,Raymond(to make room for Franzen)
To Van. John Carlson,Karl Alzner and 2013 1st

Sedin Sedin Franzen
Booth Kessler Burrows
Higgins Schroeder Kassian
Volpatti Lapierre Hansen
Weise Malhotra Gaunce Jensen

Edler Garrison
Bieksa Hamhius
Carlson Alzner
Barker Vandermeer Connauton

That's a filthy D core

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.