The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Iginla for Schneider

cdubuya

i know how this will get responded to, given that CDC could never accept Cory (or any Canuck) getting shipped intra division.

I dont expect many to be on board with this trade, but I personally feel that Iggy is the kind of guy we should be looking for if we are to trade either goalie before the playoffs. Flames are in rebuild mode and would love to have someone to fill im Kippers shoes. The stars did a similar trade with Iggy that got them a cup. This has to be top priority. Our team has struggled with post season secondary scoring in the past and Jarome with Kesler and Booth would be a nightmare second line for the likes of Chicago and San Jose.

Optimistically, Iggy has 4 good years left and could help us dominate until his career is done.

As for trading one of our goalies, I fear that presently the demand for a great semi young goalie in Schneider is not enough to land us the prospect/ picks most here would expect. Why not go older with a HOFer?

I know that more salary would have to be moved. I know that teams dont like blockbusters in their own comference, let alone division. Who cares. Even if CS ends up a vezina contender for the next 10-15 years, winning a cup would make it worth it. We've done fine against Kipper since hes been an elite goalie.

Even with Kes and Booth back and playing well, I think MG needs to think big. He tried with Sundin and it didnt work out, but that was a whole different scenario. Maybe Iggy has no interest in finishing his career here. Maybe Cgy has no interest in CS. But looking at calgarys predicament in the standings and how theyve finished the last few years theyd be foolish not to think about trading him. Im sure Iggy would like to win a cup.

NO and NO.. Never help the flames out let them stay near the bottom, just far enough to keep their fans quiet..

Say we do trade for him straight up for schneider and daniel gets cheap shotted again before playoffs. We get knocked out first round and just made our division tougher, you never go make or break as the cost of your future, you never know what can happen.

Second say we do win a cup this year with him, then 3 years later flames win another cup with schneider leading the way. You would never hear the end of it from there fans, something I am not up for dealing with anymore.

How about

Schneider a 1st for Baertschi and Iginla.

One star goalie is far more valuable to a team than 1 star forward, and gives them a better chance to win Cups on a consistent basis. Plus Kipper is just about finished.

Maybe throw in Raymond to even it up, but honestly Schneider should be able to get those 2 players by himself. Can't reitterate the importance of a good young goalie in this league and his value to a team compared to just a couple of forwards. Simply, having Lundqvist on your team with no offensive stars gives you a better chance to win a Cup than having Kane and Toews but a crap goalie.

How about

One star goalie is far more valuable to a team than 1 star forward, and gives them a better chance to win Cups on a consistent basis. Plus Kipper is just about finished.

Maybe throw in Raymond to even it up, but honestly Schneider should be able to get those 2 players by himself. Can't reitterate the importance of a good young goalie in this league and his value to a team compared to just a couple of forwards. Simply, having Lundqvist on your team with no offensive stars gives you a better chance to win a Cup than having Kane and Toews but a crap goalie.

How about

Just so I have this straight, you're wanting to trade our number 1 goalie for the next 7 to 10 years to a divisional rival for a player well past his prime who may play at most another couple of years?

First, you're about 5 years late with this thread. Have you actually watched Iggy play in the last 2 years?

Secondly, and I can't stress this enough, just NO!

Just so I have this straight, you're wanting to trade our number 1 goalie for the next 7 to 10 years to a divisional rival for a player well past his prime who may play at most another couple of years?

First, you're about 5 years late with this thread. Have you actually watched Iggy play in the last 2 years?

Secondly, and I can't stress this enough, just NO!

Archived