The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Iginla for Schneider

cdubuya

Schneider is not the Canucks' starter. I also agree with the OP; that would be the trade that puts the Canucks over the top. Iginla is exactly what the Canucks need. He turns it up a couple of notches in the playoffs and he's another player that doesn't take any BS from anyone.

CGY

Schneider

Raymond

Ballard

VAN

Iginla

1st

Incidentally, this is exactly how I feel about you, SmashianKassian, Smurf47, oldnews, and any other who thinks Schneider is the future in Vancouver.

Not saying Schneider is going out, I'm just making sure you guys see proposals involving Schneider so that you keep an open mind regarding the matter. So far, your minds are stunningly closed.

On paper Schneider is worth a hell of a lot more than Iginla. But I don't think we're going to get fair value for him. Come this offseason cuts our gonna have to be made to our salary.

Teams are much more likely to try and aquire a cheaper option than Lu or Cory. You don't need elite goaltending to win a cup. You just need a hot goaltender and a great team. So when guys that are much cheaper to aquire (but not technically are as good as our two goalies) could be acquired why would GMs sell their farm to get them.

Look what Mike Smith has done for phx.

Canucks are at a crossroads. Theres very little demand for our tenders. I'm not saying to give them away but if we could get someone like Iggy that helped us win a cup I think it would be worth it.

Archived