41 replies to this topic

#31 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

lets see what he and alberts can do tmr at superskills... first time can see them play..

#32 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Tanev and Ballard are playing too well to be taken out of the lineup...other than an injury to any of the top six, I doubt you'll see either Alberts or Barker inserted into the lineup anytime soon.

Season is too short to be inserting guys in to see what they could do especially when the players they would replace is playing well. If we were in an 82 game season, for sure...you'd love to see what guys like Barker, Vandermeer and Alberts would do.

If Vandermeer makes in into the lineup (BTW, he's the only one that is subject to a call up as Alberts and Barker are already with the big club as non-roster players), it'll probably be as a LW...but he would have to displace Volpatti who is playing well on the fourth line.

I'd have to agree with you. every one is playing well and getting better. It's going to be a while before we see any new faces.

#33 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

I think if any forward gets injured, we should dress Barker instead of Ebbett and try him out on our 2nd PP unit.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#34 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Do the guys on da' farm where overalls?

#35 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,052 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Tonight against the lowly Flames would have been a good time to give Barker a shot.
Posted Image

#36 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Why?

Does he have to clear waivers to be put down, or is he just so unimpressive that the Wolves don't even want him?

I believe he would yeah. Remember last year how we had a revolving door of dmen on the bottom pairing? Well this year fresh out of the gates our bottom pairing was the best pairing we had. It would do us no good to switch out one of our top 4 because its a short season and we need to get those guys going and on top of their game.. So in result Ballard and tanev are playing too good and kind of keeping us afloat while the other pairs gel to let barker or Alberts see a game.

That's the way I see it. It's just a perfect storm considering all the circumstances(no injuries, bottom guys playing well, top guys not). it sucks to be a depth dman on the Canucks this year haha but we risk losing one if we send em down.

#37 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

I dont necessarily think leaving Alberts, and Barker stone cold is a great idea either.

2moy3iq.png

#38 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Just a matter of time before a guy needs a night off/ get banged up and Barker gets the nod.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#39 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

I;m just grateful our D is actually healthy for once.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#40 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

Rome wasn't "dumped". He was a free agent who signed elsewhere for more money than he was worth here. And what classifies Barker as a "flake"?

Cam Barker was drafted just after Ovechkin and Malkin in 2004, and just ahead of Andrew Ladd and Blake Wheeler. And I won't call 94 points in 296 games a flake. He was also a +/- 0 on the Oilers last year. That cannot be a flake. ^^

Barker will probably train with the guys, get used to our system, and only play when he is ready. Our d is doing very well right now anyways.

Edited by CHIPS, 10 February 2013 - 04:10 AM.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#41 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,523 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Yeah expect Alberts to be called up before Barker, but that said Barker is listed on our roster and I would be surprised if he didn't get a call up or two on back to back nights against an eastern team in the rtegular season.

As far as I know Alberts and Barker weren't sent down so they can't be called up; and we don't play any Eastern teams this season

#42 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Well let's just put it this way, there's a reason he's 8th on the depth chart. He had one good year for Blackhawks and it all went downhill from there. I've seen him play, he's slow and not great defensively, he has a not bad shot but his conditioning really sucked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.