The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cam Barker

ken kaniff

i love the way Ballard and Tanev have been playing but i would really like to see what Barker can do. One game vs someone outside the division, just to see if he can be a good call up. Because if in the playoffs say Tanev or Ballard gets injured and Barker is plugged in without having got a look, then plays awful and loose the game we wont be in a good position. I think a game soon to plug in Barker would be a good idea. maybe vs Phoenix on the 26th. what do you think? Also what was the point of signing Vandermeer if we just send him to the AHL and never use him. i would much rather have called up Connauton in case of injuries in that case.

i love the way Ballard and Tanev have been playing but i would really like to see what Barker can do. One game vs someone outside the division, just to see if he can be a good call up. Because if in the playoffs say Tanev or Ballard gets injured and Barker is plugged in without having got a look, then plays awful and loose the game we wont be in a good position. I think a game soon to plug in Barker would be a good idea. maybe vs Phoenix on the 26th. what do you think? Also what was the point of signing Vandermeer if we just send him to the AHL and never use him. i would much rather have called up Connauton in case of injuries in that case.

Tanev and Ballard are playing too well to be taken out of the lineup...other than an injury to any of the top six, I doubt you'll see either Alberts or Barker inserted into the lineup anytime soon.

Season is too short to be inserting guys in to see what they could do especially when the players they would replace is playing well. If we were in an 82 game season, for sure...you'd love to see what guys like Barker, Vandermeer and Alberts would do.

If Vandermeer makes in into the lineup (BTW, he's the only one that is subject to a call up as Alberts and Barker are already with the big club as non-roster players), it'll probably be as a LW...but he would have to displace Volpatti who is playing well on the fourth line.

Archived