Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Northwest Division

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Even with the additions some of the teams made in the offseason, would you say the Canucks are in the weakest division again? The Northwest Division is the only Division wih one team above 500, the Canucks. We probably would have to wait for another 10 games to get a better idea, but I don't see any other team in the Division coming on strong later. I would have to say Wilds but they looked weak against us.

#2 chayne

chayne

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Southeast is the weakest division, but I think we are a close second.

#3 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Southeast is weaker. Washington, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Florida and Winnipeg all have glaring holes in their line-ups.

#4 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

From what I've seen so far, the teams in the NW Division are not any better than they were last season, except for the Oilers. I was honestly surprised with the lack of offence the Wild generated the other night (though when we sagged, Schneider stood up well).

But, we've only cycled through NW once, so we'll have to see if what we've seen is what it is...

#5 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

Sometimes I wish there was a juggernaut in our division that forced the Canucks to keep refining and elevating their game throughout the regular season.

#6 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,308 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

It's not nux fault they suck.

just have to take advantage of it and get a good playoff seeding. Another prez trophy wouldn't hurt, but been there done that.
Posted Image

#7 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

I think it's an underrated division.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#8 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Our presence alone makes it a tough division, even if the rest suck.

#9 Zach Morris

Zach Morris

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

I think Edmonton and Minny are going to get way better next year. This shortened season will not be a good measuriing stick for those two teams.

Flames are actually looking alot bette the past three games. Hartley has these guys playing a better style of hockey!!

Colorado has not orielly and Landeskog - they should be better.

Next year this division will be alot harder!!!
Posted Image

"Incredulous"

#10 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,904 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

I'd say all of our divisional opponents have been not all that great to start, with Minny the biggest surprise unimprovement.

Parise has been alright but the secondary offense isn't there. Suter's been bad so far. Perhaps the contract made him and Weber fluffy. Grandlund has been invisible so far.

The Oilers are dropping like flies and Gagner leads their scoring.

The Avs are still mediocre and O'Reilly remains away.

And the Flames aren't getting better anytime soon. Baertschi isn't a future star.

Cakewalk?

suffer.gif

#11 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,308 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

<p>

<br />
I&#39;d say all of our divisional opponents have been not all that great to start, with Minny the biggest surprise unimprovement. <br />
<br />
Parise has been alright but the secondary offense isn&#39;t there. Suter&#39;s been bad so far.  Perhaps the contract made him and Weber fluffy. Grandlund has been invisible so far. <br />
<br />
The Oilers are dropping like flies and Gagner leads their scoring. <br />
<br />
The Avs are still mediocre and O&#39;Reilly remains away. <br />
<br />
And the Flames aren&#39;t getting better anytime soon. Baertschi isn&#39;t a future star. <br />
<br />
Cakewalk?<br />

perhaps with a healthy line up. But without kes and booth, think nux are doing well with what they have, but sedins are still MIA. Will be another NW div champ repeat, but maybe not the cakewalk u think.
Posted Image

#12 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

On one hand, the presence of the Canucks steals a few wins from our division rivals (Minnesota and Calgary) every season. On the other hand they have the opportunity to take them back against the even weaker members (Colorado). So there really isn't an excuse for all of them to have been as bad as they have been for the past few seasons. Oh well, doesn't hurt the Canucks in this tight schedule.

#13 nucklehead53

nucklehead53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Well I can`t wait for this division to get stronger...it will keep the Canucks on their toes throughout the season
It only takes one hard fought series to make a rivalry

#14 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

The Southeast is the weakest but our is pretty weak too but this will help us our in the shorted season since we are already 5-0-1 against them.

canucks141.png

#15 Dral

Dral

Puts the Dr in Drunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

From the Canucks point of view, the NW division is one of the weakest...

From the Flames point of view, the NW division is one of the strongest.

You guys are literally dumb as potatoes. You can't just vote out a guy because he is too "tricky" and miles better than you...absolutely sickening

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.