The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Northwest Division

Gonz

Even with the additions some of the teams made in the offseason, would you say the Canucks are in the weakest division again? The Northwest Division is the only Division wih one team above 500, the Canucks. We probably would have to wait for another 10 games to get a better idea, but I don't see any other team in the Division coming on strong later. I would have to say Wilds but they looked weak against us.

From what I've seen so far, the teams in the NW Division are not any better than they were last season, except for the Oilers. I was honestly surprised with the lack of offence the Wild generated the other night (though when we sagged, Schneider stood up well).

But, we've only cycled through NW once, so we'll have to see if what we've seen is what it is...

I think Edmonton and Minny are going to get way better next year. This shortened season will not be a good measuriing stick for those two teams.

Flames are actually looking alot bette the past three games. Hartley has these guys playing a better style of hockey!!

Colorado has not orielly and Landeskog - they should be better.

Next year this division will be alot harder!!!

I'd say all of our divisional opponents have been not all that great to start, with Minny the biggest surprise unimprovement.

Parise has been alright but the secondary offense isn't there. Suter's been bad so far. Perhaps the contract made him and Weber fluffy. Grandlund has been invisible so far.

The Oilers are dropping like flies and Gagner leads their scoring.

The Avs are still mediocre and O'Reilly remains away.

And the Flames aren't getting better anytime soon. Baertschi isn't a future star.

Cakewalk?

<p>

<br />

I&#39;d say all of our divisional opponents have been not all that great to start, with Minny the biggest surprise unimprovement. <br />

<br />

Parise has been alright but the secondary offense isn&#39;t there. Suter&#39;s been bad so far.  Perhaps the contract made him and Weber fluffy. Grandlund has been invisible so far. <br />

<br />

The Oilers are dropping like flies and Gagner leads their scoring. <br />

<br />

The Avs are still mediocre and O&#39;Reilly remains away. <br />

<br />

And the Flames aren&#39;t getting better anytime soon. Baertschi isn&#39;t a future star. <br />

<br />

Cakewalk?<br />

On one hand, the presence of the Canucks steals a few wins from our division rivals (Minnesota and Calgary) every season. On the other hand they have the opportunity to take them back against the even weaker members (Colorado). So there really isn't an excuse for all of them to have been as bad as they have been for the past few seasons. Oh well, doesn't hurt the Canucks in this tight schedule.

Archived