Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:38 PM
This question's for those that know something about hockey. That doesn't include "I watch every canucks game and know all their numbers and stats"
Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:53 PM
I miss Jennaaaayyy.
Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:01 PM
As for the passes up the middle, I am happy our D is doing that less.
Put Gino in the ROH
Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:08 PM
Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:18 AM
1. With a more capable and experienced d core we can play the defensive mode and use speed and breakdowns to counter and score. Worked against Chicago who usually exploit us and run up the score on momentum.
2. How does it happen? When the d gets the go ahead and pinch the offensive winger recognizes it and chips to the center or to himself to
create a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2 . How many odd man rushes that were clean have you seen this year?
3. This is what we couldnt stop vs Boston as they figured out our system.
4. We practice it full season and perfect it because all of the other facets of the game are good to go and can get us back to the promise land.
5. Kesler is not there and even if he was he wont be in beast mode until late season if that.
all in all you made a keen observation and I have too just cool to see another person do it.
Usually when we play bad we melt down and you see major lopsided losses. But even in our losses we had the lead every game. In every game this season we had the lead at some time. This is a great sign.
To the untrained eye it seems as though we are struggling because our chances havent been there due to the lack of d pinches... but our defense has improved and should bode well for a playoff suited style of play. I hope it sticks i have a sneaky suspicious about this years team with av at the helm.
What will clinch it in my mind will be the Chicago game in their barn coming up as they are unbeaten in reg and are looking for revenge vs us as a rival. We beat them in reg and watch us climb up the tsn power rankings over night. Smart analysts will catch on sooner or later.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users