Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Jordan Schroeder's First NHL Goal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#31 Vancouver's comeback

Vancouver's comeback

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

That's such a backwards way to look at it. Maybe Schroeder plays better defensively and earned his coach's trust? Maybe Schroeder work hard and didn't whine, winning the respect of his teammates?

When you see how guys like Kassian, Schroeder, and Tanev have all cracked the lineup within recent memory, maybe it's time we took a step back and consider that Hodgson was the problem, not AV.

Truth.

He's the type of player that can play in any situation, unlike Hodgson.
#BOSTONSTRONG
Hit first, ask questions second
Posted Image

#32 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Congrats Schroeder, you earned 'em!

#33 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80,708 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

:towel:

Congrats Schroeder.

307mg00.jpg

#34 nizzy10

nizzy10

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

CONGRATS JORDAN!!!!!!!!!!! you played amazing well deserved!!!

#35 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,862 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

It's nice to see him get the money off his back.

His second one was a beauty though!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

This guy has to be our permanent 3rd line center from here on out, he fits perfectly with raymond and Hansen, the speed line is lethal.

Oh settle down, it is what it is. Schroeder will be what he works to be.

#37 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

Yes!!!!!! Super swell!!

#38 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

I love the Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen line..........they are so slippery they are going to give defences nightmares........Imagine these guys on your 3rd line playing good minutes. We are going to frazzle opposition defences.
Kevin.jpg

#39 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

no kidding.......if he were an Oiler he'd be doing a celebration lap

This guy, BCNeil cracks me up...he spends the better part a day posting how lousy customer service with the Canucks season ticket reps (which he's entitled to and I sympathize with if indeed he were a true season ticket holder), but when he doesn't get the desired response from the majority of CDCers, he goes on p!ss!ng and moaning about how he deserves better service for the $20K he spends on his season tickets and that he makes no apologies for making the money he does, and that his post wasn't intended for all the broke fans, but was a means to reach the powers to be with the Canucks and to engage other season ticket holders.

And now, he posts at 9:20PM with a few minutes left in the 3rd period in a game that Schroeder is setting the ice on fire...must have been boring for him at the game to be surfing the CDC board and posting on his smart phone. I'm a season ticket holder myself, and yes, sometimes the games get boring and I find myself looking at my phone for e-mails and messages, but last night wasn't one of them. Or maybe he's sitting at home doing the Al Bundy in front of his tv with computer in hand and a bag of cheetos wondering why everything around him is orange.

Sorry for the digression...Schroeder played a phenomenal game in every part of the ice...the kid has developed really good defensive skills/awareness and now that he's playing with confidence, I think we're going to see some good production out of him. He's small, but he is winning more than his share of puck battles...kid can compete.

Edited by disisdayear, 10 February 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#40 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Sweet, this can only help his trade value. A young up n comer like Schroeder has got to be worth a couple high end rental players for a cup run.

#41 Bertuzzipunch

Bertuzzipunch

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Sweet, this can only help his trade value. A young up n comer like Schroeder has got to be worth a couple high end rental players for a cup run.

lmao wth??

Posted Image

#42 CanucksHD

CanucksHD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

He'll be here for many years to come. Just a gut feeling...

#43 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

What I am curious to see is if he continues to get PP time with the Sedins, and with the possibility of being on a line with Kesler/Booth, could Schroeder get into contention for the Calder this seasons, He may only have 4pts (and a nice +4) but if he has a true hot streak playing with high caliber players I could see him at least getting nominated.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#44 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,074 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

We've drafted and developed a great player. He's eager to prove how good he is and acts for the better of the team. He'll continue to develop and sign for less, keeping our team a powerhouse for years to come. "Trade all players" is the rallying call for the stupid

Keswho.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.