The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymonds future with Canucks

CanucksSayEh

If Kassian is on the fourth line, we aren't getting anywhere in the playoffs. Why in the world do you think he was acquired? To waste his talent playing plug minutes? If he isn't in the top 6, or at least top 9, as he and Schroeder showed a lot of chemistry on the Wolves, come playoff time, I will have lost a lot of faith in the coaching staff. And I have my hopes Weise will be off the team by then as well. Regardless, I can't believe some fans are still undervaluing the incredible skill set Kass brings to the Canucks.

Well someone above said put Kass with Raymond and Schroeder once Kes comes back and that may work really well with Zack supplying some grit when needed. That way no one would take any liberties with either of them.

I like it because as we have seen Kass is quick and he has a good hockey sense about him. It might prove to be the best line in the team. None of them are greedy and they all have speed and an eye for a goal.

Short of injury, Raymond can improve, stay where he is or take a step backwards.

If he improves we cant afford him,

If he remains the same we'll keep him

if he falls back we won't resign him.

My guess is we keep him as he wont get much ice time once Kessler and Booth return. I don't think he's a good fit on that line so 3rd line minutes for him.

As I've said elsewhere. If we break up the Raymond - Schroeder chemistry/partnership we risk losing Schroeder's potential.

It is no coincidence in my mind that Schroeder performed so well with Billy Sweatt and Raymond is a similar if superior version of Sweatt.

Raymond and Sweatt both know how to feed JS and I think we should nurture that, at least until Billy Sweatt is ready to come up and do himself justice.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Malhotra - Lapierre

Sorry to go off topic but this has been driving me nuts a while now. I know Raymond is pretty good hockey player and i believe he will get even better, but evey time i see his face i think he looks more like a movie star than a real hockey player. Just too pretty to be really effective ?

He looks more like Rob Lowe from Youngblood.............

post-50663-0-28153700-1360622333_thumb.j

post-50663-0-33125400-1360622387_thumb.j

post-50663-0-28153700-1360622333_thumb.j

post-50663-0-33125400-1360622387_thumb.j

Raymond is my favorite player, don't know why, just is. It sucked to think that he would probably not be a Canuck next year. When he was signed to a 1 year deal, I saw 2 possible outcomes..

1) He sucks, or at most is average. The Canucks say goodbye and Raymond searches for a contract with another team,

2) He plays like I always thought he could, 20-30 goal pace with solid defensive and PK play. Another team recognizes the skill and throws him an offer he can't refuse.

Raymond has a new kid, he doesn't make a lot of money (relatively) and he isn't exactly young anymore. He's not really in a position to accept a discount to stay with a team when there are better offers available. The Canucks are in a tight cap situation, the chances are, if he plays well, another team will be more than willing to outbid us for MayRays services (assuming he continues exceptional play).

However...

A third scenario has recently presented itself....

Jordan Schroeder, these two together are fast, really really fast. They both have shown great passing between each other and have generated many chances thus far, all while providing steady defensive play.

Chemistry is something that's hard to come by, something Nucks management seems to treasure and hold onto.

My question is, if Raymond and Schroeder continue to shine as a duo, could it be enough for the Canucks to give Raymond a competitive enough contract to keep him here at season end?

Raymonds been playing well, but when it comes down to it, I don't think he has a place long-term.

He's likely not going to be in the top 6, and if he is going to play on the 3rd line then I would prefer we trade him, possibly with a few other pieces, for a skilled yet tough prototypical 3rd liner, someone in the Troy Brouwer or Curtis Glencross mold.

As I've said elsewhere. If we break up the Raymond - Schroeder chemistry/partnership we risk losing Schroeder's potential.

It is no coincidence in my mind that Schroeder performed so well with Billy Sweatt and Raymond is a similar if superior version of Sweatt.

Raymond and Sweatt both know how to feed JS and I think we should nurture that, at least until Billy Sweatt is ready to come up and do himself justice.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Malhotra - Lapierre

Archived