Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Raymonds future with Canucks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#61 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

If Kassian is on the fourth line, we aren't getting anywhere in the playoffs. Why in the world do you think he was acquired? To waste his talent playing plug minutes? If he isn't in the top 6, or at least top 9, as he and Schroeder showed a lot of chemistry on the Wolves, come playoff time, I will have lost a lot of faith in the coaching staff. And I have my hopes Weise will be off the team by then as well. Regardless, I can't believe some fans are still undervaluing the incredible skill set Kass brings to the Canucks.

I agree with most of your comment, but I think you're undervalueing Weise. He's been a great addition this year after his new found confidence!

#62 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Well someone above said put Kass with Raymond and Schroeder once Kes comes back and that may work really well with Zack supplying some grit when needed. That way no one would take any liberties with either of them.

I like it because as we have seen Kass is quick and he has a good hockey sense about him. It might prove to be the best line in the team. None of them are greedy and they all have speed and an eye for a goal.

What is this a full moon day? Haha, excellent suggestions!

#63 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Short of injury, Raymond can improve, stay where he is or take a step backwards.

If he improves we cant afford him,
If he remains the same we'll keep him
if he falls back we won't resign him.

My guess is we keep him as he wont get much ice time once Kessler and Booth return. I don't think he's a good fit on that line so 3rd line minutes for him.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#64 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,585 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

As long as he's producing with Schroeder that's a pairing that offers speed to burn and is a scoring threat.

He's certainly making a case to keep him.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#65 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

As long as he's producing with Schroeder that's a pairing that offers speed to burn and is a scoring threat.

He's certainly making a case to keep him.

MayRay has 4 goals. 3 on the pp and one came 4 on 4.

I don't see a 2nd line of Schroeder, Raymond and Kessler myself.

#66 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,585 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

MayRay has 4 goals. 3 on the pp and one came 4 on 4.

I don't see a 2nd line of Schroeder, Raymond and Kessler myself.

What's wrong with Raymond/Schroeder/Hansen as a 3rd line?
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#67 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

What's wrong with Raymond/Schroeder/Hansen as a 3rd line?

Were back to low minutes and little contribution (points) from MASON. They're certainly not gonna scare anyone with their physical play. Little contribution will mean we just qualify him this year ~2.500,000.

Edited by hudson bay rules, 11 February 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#68 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,389 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Were back to low minutes and little contribution (points) from MASON. They're certainly not gonna scare anyone with their physical play. Little contribution will mean we just qualify him this year ~2.500,000.

Qualify? Raymond will be UFA.

PBF020-Skub.gif

#69 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Qualify? Raymond will be UFA.

wrong term... MB.

#70 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

If he continues how he's played so far this season consistently, I think he still has a place on this team. If he falls back into the rut he was in before (not sure if he still had back problems and that's why?) then I say trade him.

#71 Dancin'Droid

Dancin'Droid

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

As I've said elsewhere. If we break up the Raymond - Schroeder chemistry/partnership we risk losing Schroeder's potential.
It is no coincidence in my mind that Schroeder performed so well with Billy Sweatt and Raymond is a similar if superior version of Sweatt.
Raymond and Sweatt both know how to feed JS and I think we should nurture that, at least until Billy Sweatt is ready to come up and do himself justice.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Malhotra - Lapierre

I like those lines, and Kassian and Burrows can easily switch if need be.

DancingAndroidYellow-1.gif

2013 Kent Jr. Football Champion

2014 Bronze Boot

2014 Kent Sr. Football Champion

2014 SWOSSA Football Finalist 

#72 Bure fan

Bure fan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Hansen
Raymond Schroeder Kassian
Volpatti Lapierre Booth

Are you out of your mind? Booth on the fourth line.... I can't face palm hard enough.

Anyways, Raymond is one of my favorites also. I am really enjoying the chemestry between Schroeder and Raymond. Adding a scoring speedster Hansen, makes that line one of the fastest in the league.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Higgins Malhotra Lapierre

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#73 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

At this point I'd rather keep Higgins than Booth. There I said it. I think we'd be making a pretty big mistake getting rid of Chris Higgins, the guy is among our most versatile players, is defensively responsible, and can score 20+ goals.

#74 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Sorry to go off topic but this has been driving me nuts a while now. I know Raymond is pretty good hockey player and i believe he will get even better, but evey time i see his face i think he looks more like a movie star than a real hockey player. Just too pretty to be really effective ?
He looks more like Rob Lowe from Youngblood.............

Attached Files

Edited by Hockey Fever, 11 February 2013 - 03:40 PM.

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#75 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Another thing is I don't like the idea of messing with our 4th line right now. I think our 4th line has been amazing so far this year in their role, it'd be a shame to see Volpatti and Weise's gritty play be rewarded with being sent to the minors.

#76 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

that chemistry with Schroeder on saturday night caught my eye. putting that type of speed and skill together, and putting hansen in the mix, and you've got a pretty big offensive threat

tumblr_lxk4f2YfMc1qaosmto1_400.gif

#77 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Raymond is my favorite player, don't know why, just is. It sucked to think that he would probably not be a Canuck next year. When he was signed to a 1 year deal, I saw 2 possible outcomes..

1) He sucks, or at most is average. The Canucks say goodbye and Raymond searches for a contract with another team,

2) He plays like I always thought he could, 20-30 goal pace with solid defensive and PK play. Another team recognizes the skill and throws him an offer he can't refuse.

Raymond has a new kid, he doesn't make a lot of money (relatively) and he isn't exactly young anymore. He's not really in a position to accept a discount to stay with a team when there are better offers available. The Canucks are in a tight cap situation, the chances are, if he plays well, another team will be more than willing to outbid us for MayRays services (assuming he continues exceptional play).

However...

A third scenario has recently presented itself....

Jordan Schroeder, these two together are fast, really really fast. They both have shown great passing between each other and have generated many chances thus far, all while providing steady defensive play.

Chemistry is something that's hard to come by, something Nucks management seems to treasure and hold onto.

My question is, if Raymond and Schroeder continue to shine as a duo, could it be enough for the Canucks to give Raymond a competitive enough contract to keep him here at season end?

Raymond was awesome last night. Winning pucks along the wall, the odd hit and a gorgeous dangle and pass on the Hansen goal. Really desrved the first star over Hansen last night,

Both Raymond and Schroeder are playing with great speed and winning puck battles against larger physical opponents.

Again Gillis has made a solid move in the patience and re-signing of Raymond. Looks to be recovered from his back injury and sustaining a good level of play so far this year. Can he sustain it? I for one think he can.

258o0g4.jpg

#78 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

My body is ready.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,464 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Raymonds been playing well, but when it comes down to it, I don't think he has a place long-term.
He's likely not going to be in the top 6, and if he is going to play on the 3rd line then I would prefer we trade him, possibly with a few other pieces, for a skilled yet tough prototypical 3rd liner, someone in the Troy Brouwer or Curtis Glencross mold.
Posted Image

#79 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,010 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

As I've said elsewhere. If we break up the Raymond - Schroeder chemistry/partnership we risk losing Schroeder's potential.
It is no coincidence in my mind that Schroeder performed so well with Billy Sweatt and Raymond is a similar if superior version of Sweatt.
Raymond and Sweatt both know how to feed JS and I think we should nurture that, at least until Billy Sweatt is ready to come up and do himself justice.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Malhotra - Lapierre

One of my favorite lines from last night was the Higgy - Lappy - Kassian line - Some toughness and skill

Edited by Monteeun, 13 February 2013 - 12:55 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.