The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo After Hours

Edler's Mind Tricks

To those saying he's "changed", he's always had a humorous edge but it's got a hint of sarcasm....people used to misinterpret that. Remember, he was wearing the C and maybe he thought his role with that should be more serious, but I always remember him being able to poke a little fun. So I don't know that he's changed as much as his role is changing, allowing his true personality to come through without people dissecting it as something else. With the acceptance of no longer being the "go to" guy it's given him more freedom as he's really got nothing to lose now. He was more intense before for sure, but that obviously comes with the pressure of his salary and the expectations associated with being "the guy".

It kills me to watch these interviews, knowing it's only a matter of time. We'll be losing a real gem...

Had mixed emotions watching this last night.

I pissed my pants laughing at Lui just toying with Scott Oak. Laughed out loud at Lui's response to AV's "say something nice about me if you wanna play" saying something like "yeah yeah yeah...". I'm amazed at how relaxed he appeared and how funny he is on Twitter.

Felt proud of how classy he continues to be in representing our team to a national audience, especially to the Eastern biased media and Leafs fans who seem to go out of their way to try to create controversy or devalue him and his contract, yet are so bloody obvious in their admiration of him.

At the same time, I got a little misty when he talked about the letter he got from the cancer survivor in Victoria and how important Canuck Place is to him. I also couldn't help but wonder whether this was the last time we'd see him on After Hours as a Canuck.

While the whole interview had an undertone of inevitability to it, I couldn't help feel anything but pride for how Lui has represented this team and city and even though I believe going forward with Cory is the right decision, I will be sad the day his trade is announced.

lol Lu is a funny man. The "contract" joke was hilarious, he's more well informed than we initially thought... Maybe he's even browsing around on here the odd time to see what fans are saying about him. :ph34r: The thing about the Olympic roster was pretty funny too.

I actually just want him to stay and Schneider to get traded, if only it were possible.. *sigh* I still remember the poetry about Chicago, that was a good one. If he does have to go, I hope he wins wherever he goes, he definitely deserves to. One of the greats in my mind, he is one of the few goalies (Still playing) that can set numbers for the history books.

To Luongo,

I hope he reads this, but you can ask anyone that knows me, and I have always liked you as a person and as a goalie, and how you have played, and I always have felt bad when every one has harshed on you because I know you have always been an outstanding goalie, and I have played goalie before. I know how difficult it can be, and you have always been outstanding, and I always have got your back. I hope you don't leave Vancouver because I know you are a great goalie, and I have said it all along, no matter what others have said. They are just being overly critical hockey fans. I don't know if you will read this or not, but remember this fan has always supported you and will continue to do so, whether you knew it or not, so continue doing an excellent job.

Archived