The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stanley Cup with both Lou & Schneids

nuck luck

I think we actually have decent size now. If you throw Kass on a line with Raymond and Schroeder, they will not get pushed around. Or put Kass on the first line with the Sedins to give them space to work magic. I think of the line of Booth, Kass and Kes. Holy sheep shid thats a whole lotta size to put on one line. Thats like three big power fowards on one line lol. Most teams would like to have just one of those and we got three. If they have chemistry then sure, but we may have to spred that beef around the top three lines. Just like having two number one goalies, its kind of a nice problem to have. So far the only thing we seem to be lacking is a power play quarter back type of defencemen. I know we got Garrison and Edler but so far they arnt getting it done on the PP. AV had Daniel Sedin on the point on the PP which should say a lot about what the coaching staff thinks of our defencemen on the PP.

I would think that Luo would,if he thought Vancouver was his best chance at a Cup,refuse any trade offers Gillis throws his way.

Keep Gillis working the phones for a trade that will never come.Perfect poker win for Luo.

Gets to say good bye on his own terms.

The way I see it, our depth is winning us games right now, not our stars. When healthy the Canucks will have Higgins and Kassian on the 4th line - that's a 20 goal scorer and a potential 15-20 goal scorer on their bottom line which is unheard of. Cup winning teams usually have 10-goal scorers on their bottom line.

As for defence, Ballard and Tanev have been our most stable pairing so far. We have 9 NHL defencemen as it is, which is as much depth as you can ask for on the blueline.

Honestly the only thing we could get out of a Luongo/Schneider trade that would help this team is either a top-3 NHL star forward who can play with the Sedins, a 2nd line centerman who can play on the wing and replace one of our big guns in case of injury or a top-4 defenceman who can play 20+ minutes in case one of our top-4 get injured.

We've seen that our offence can score from anywhere in case our top-6 get injured, but I feel that our defence will crumble if we lose 1 let alone 2 of our big guys on the back end. Bieksa took an ugly head-hit at the end of this game, let's just hypothetically say he and Garrison are injured at the same time...

Edler - Hamhuis

Ballard - Tanev

Vandermeer - Barker

Alberts

Not a bad defence, but Ballard and Tanev will make far more mistakes playing 20-22 minutes per game, and our bottom pairing will be terrible compared to what they normally are.

I don't know how we'd make it cap-compliant...we might have to shed some cap/make small trades for prospects/draft picks (Manny for example...depending on how our face-off %'s are)

Offer sheet O'Reilly, or trade for his Rights

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Schroeder

Raymond-O'Reilly-Burrows

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Volpatti

Edler-Hamhuis

Bieksa-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Schneider-Luongo

Archived