The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you could reverse one Canucks trade, which would it be..........

vcr1970

OK, the obvious one is out (Neely for Pederson+)..............

Of the rest (during my lifetime at least), the three that come to mind for me are.........

Rick Vaive and Bill Derlego for Tiger Williams and Jerry Butler (I think this was the deal).

Bure for Jovo, Gagner and ???? was it Morrison?

Kassian for Hodgson

If you can think of one better than the three above, please let me know and add it to the list.

Of the three above, I would give us back Cody............5 goals, 5 assists in 10 games...........he'd be our leading scorer right now

.............................................................................................. no just cause you don't agree with the way hodgson left doesn't mean that the trade was good. Hodgson is greater than kassian pretty much doubles him in goals and is playing well enough defense to play on the PK the only thing kassian is doing better is penalty minutes. you can not convince me that a 3rd line player is better than a 1st line player

I'm under the impression that Florida would have liked to reverse the Ballard trade.

They had to pay bernier's overpayed salary. Never even got a game out of grabner and quinton howden is a long ways away from becoming an NHL forward if ever.

I'm 100% certain that they could have made a better deal. I do recall that there were 5-6 teams inquiring about Ballard who had stellar numbers before comming to Vancouver.

I'd do the Hodgson trade over again. I think Cody can be a Brendan Morrison, andrew castles type player. Very dependable for putting up points and a smart player.

Kassian could be a bertuzzi, maybe a lucic, maybe a buffuglien (if he gains 40lbs) or maybe a clowe. At worst he is a bigger Chris Neil.

I'd rather have a big mean 20g 50pt winger than a small soft 20g 70pt center. Especially when our first 2 centers were set.

I'd do the Hodgson trade over again. I think Cody can be a Brendan Morrison, andrew castles type player. Very dependable for putting up points and a smart player.

Kassian could be a bertuzzi, maybe a lucic, maybe a buffuglien (if he gains 40lbs) or maybe a clowe. At worst he is a bigger Chris Neil.

I'd rather have a big mean 20g 50pt winger than a small soft 20g 70pt center. Especially when our first 2 centers were set.

It's not reasonable to complain that it's a bad trade just because Cody is on pace for about 70 points (pro-rated). He's getting 18-20 minutes a night as the #1 center, feeding a legit 40-goal scorer. On the Canucks (with healthy Kesler), he's the #3 center feeding two 15-goal grinders. With Hank and Kes very likely our 1A and 1B centers for the next 4 years, there was never going to be a place for Cody that met his expectations.

Man, I loved Mogilny back in the day. Does anyone remember the conditions which lead to his being traded? Was he (knowingly) unhappy here? Contract issues? What?

As exciting as the West Coast Express was, I'd have loved to see Mogilny stick around.

Archived