The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much better will we be when Kessler and Booth return?

CanYouNuck?

Volpatti and Weisse will be sitting. No way AV breaks up Schrieder Raymond Hansen line right now. Lappy drops to center the fourth with Manny and Higgins or Booth. Kes plays between Kassian and Booth/Higgins.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth/Higgins Kesler Kassian

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Booth/Higgins Lappy Malhotra

Volpatti

Hamhuis Edler

Garrison Bieksa

Ballard Tanev

Alberts Barker

Schneid

Lou

Pretty solid looking lineup. Can roll all four lines. Play Volpatti against tough teams.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian (Twins need Kassian keeping guys honest)

Higgins-Kesler-Burrows (Kesler might need Burrows even more than Sedins )

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen (fastest line in league ?)

Booth-LaPierre-Volpatti (potential forechecking wrecking crew)

wiese and vandermeer on standby for greasy teams.

i.e.. any team in East..

Grit Roster

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Higgins-Kesler-Burrows

Booth-Schroeder-Volpatti

Vandermeer-LaPierre-Wiese

Volpatti and Weisse will be sitting. No way AV breaks up Schrieder Raymond Hansen line right now. Lappy drops to center the fourth with Manny and Higgins or Booth. Kes plays between Kassian and Booth/Higgins.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth/Higgins Kesler Kassian

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Booth/Higgins Lappy Malhotra

Volpatti

Hamhuis Edler

Garrison Bieksa

Ballard Tanev

Alberts Barker

Schneid

Lou

Pretty solid looking lineup. Can roll all four lines. Play Volpatti against tough teams.

The question is will we?

Either way they will be in the line up at some point and i don't think there is any one player right now that you can say has not been doing there part and deserves to sit to make room for Kes and booth..

but i would like to see

Sedin, sedin, Bur (this line is a given swap bur and kass if facing a bigger team or need burr on a diff line,)

Mayray, Shredder, Hansen (fast as heck can score and are great at both ends of the ice)

Higgy, Kesler, Lappy (probably one of the best shut down lines in the league that can score and pis s off the other team)

Booth, malhotra, Kassian (probably one of the most threatening 4th lines in the league fast ,good at keeping the puck can be a safe bet in there own end)

we have a great team when everyone is healthy and we need to take advantage of it for this season next season this team will not look the same. load up the lines and make a push.

plus we have Weise, Volpatti, vandermeer when needed.

Considering we'll bring them in one at a time (as they both won't be healthy at the exact same time) they'll have a chance to adjust and see where they'd best fit in.

And currently we have Kesler and Booth on IR to free up roster spaces but we aren't using LTI for cap relief and we're still $840K under the cap currently, so I'm not worried about having to fit either play back in. We'll have to send people down as they return to the lineup though, or perhaps a trade will help with that.

Ya looking at our lineup its going to be hard decision on who to scratch when Kesler and Booth come back but it will more than likely be 2 players from our fourth line sitting in the press box to make room, the question is which 2?

If the coaching staff goes off of who has been playing the best then I don't see how they could scratch Volpatti over malhotra and weise. Volpatti is a big hitter and is willing to drop the gloves which really no one else on our team except kassian is willing to do.

Too me Weise is a poor mans kesler and booth, doesnt have a good enough skill set to be a top 9 on our team and not gritty enough to be a 4th line banger. As for malhotra well he pretty much is invisible out there except for face offs but I have a feeling Vingeault will scratch volpatti over manny just because of his leadership presence.

Our lines will be hard to make when we are fully healthy because i dont think the raymond,schroeder,hansen line is gritty enough to be our third line and kassian and higgins both are better than 4th line players but our depth is gonna be unbelievable when we are healthy.

When kes and Booth return my forward lines would be

sedin-sedin-burrows

booth-kesler-kassian

raymond-schroeder-hansen

higgins-lappiere-volpatti

weise/malhotra/ebbett

hamhuis-edler

beiksa-garrison

tanev-ballard

schneider

luongo

If this lineup plays to its potential they have as good a chance as any team in the league to win a cup this year.

Don't be shocked if the Canucks lose a couple in a row when Kes and Bear hunter return. Team is rolling with chemistry right now and putting guys in your top 6 who haven't played in a very long time will likely slow things down a bit till they find their game.

Archived