Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

I know its been a couple games since but why didnt anybody fight duncan keith?

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#1 Schneider.Man604

Schneider.Man604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

POPULAR

Watching Jamal Mayers going after Raffi Torres right away because of that hit he laid on Hossa last year makes me ask this question... Why didnt anybody go after Keith for his elbow to Daniel Sedin last season causing him to miss the first couple games of the Kings series and maybe single handedly costing us the first round?

I understand we needed the win and couldn't really risk much against a very hot blackhawks team and we needed to beat them to boost our confidence up which did happen, but come on not even one fight? not even a big clean hit on duncan? are you kidding me?

So now chicago thinks they can get away with injuring our best players because nothing will happen to them for it. Great AV thats some good coaching. Being so early in the season why not send out Volpatti or Weise to start a fight with him they are more then capable in going at it with anybody on that blackhawks team. I don't like this at all because if AV's plan is to "beat them on the score board" then why even have players like Volpatti and Weise fight in any games? why not use them for when it matters. Somebody should have taught Keith a lesson.

I made a thread last year asking who everybody thinks would fight Keith come the game against the blackhawks and it looks like nobody did.

Flame away if u want, I know everybodies gonna tell me to quit complaining we got the 2 points bla bla which i know is a good thing but I just don't want our best players getting cheap shotted again because believe it or not, the Sedins are VERY important to our teams success and anybody trying to take that success away from us by using elbows to the head should be dealt with.

Hopefully next game somebody does something because it is in chicago where the hit happend.

#2 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

POPULAR

Even if someone tried to fight him I doubt Keith would have dropped the gloves, or someone else (like Mayers) would have stepped in for him. Keith is their star defenseman making 8 million dollars a year he's not going to be doing much fighting.

Sedins rocked him a couple times with some hits

Honestly winning the game does more than a fight would have.

#3 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

POPULAR

rocked him ?
please.
message clearly sent, keep gooning our stars, no retribution.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#4 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

Get over yourselves. Winning is more important than some personal revenge. You don't go out of your way to try and fight a guy who wasn't going to fight anyways.

2dgqi51.jpgfcvifc.jpg
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 and Discord for the signatures.

#5 Dr. Hockey

Dr. Hockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

I agree with the OP. Who did point out how important the win was. Obviously no one wants another Bert incident, but still a few love taps hardly consists of sending Keith a message. Yeah in an interview Sedins said it was probably just a reactionary elbow, but really? A 4th liner couldn't step up? They did it to Torres. It's kinda maddening to watch the two different responses from two teams for cheap shots. And as we all know it takes grit and skill to win the cup. But grit is useless, unless its allowed to step up when needed.

#6 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,396 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

POPULAR

Burr and Bieksa went after Keith but, of course, 18 armed guards, a SWAT team, 23 Hawks and 9 officials arrived on the scene to make sure they couldn't do anything. Just Google the images, I'm sure they're there. But Keith's homegirls all circled around him like dumb girls in a high school hallway and he didn't pay the piper as he should have. You're right, but that's just how he was protected.

You're a little late to the dance with this? If you haven't noticed, our team is playing a much tougher/grittier game and it's been effective. How'd the Hawks do against us last game? We out hit them 22-6 (and Keith was a slippery fish but the target on many of those). We also beat them. So they can go around being d bags all they want but it seems their game is a little less effective than it used to be and as long as we beat them, Keith's ugly mug doesn't matter.

Posted Image

#7 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

Keith is a feline. We got the next best kind of revenge....2 points.
Posted Image

#8 Schneider.Man604

Schneider.Man604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

I understand that, but Keith has a Stanley Cup and we don't..... maybe we could've had it last year? but our star leading scorer was out with a concussion. These kinds of hits should not happen to any player especially not to either of the Sedin twins who play such a clean game and would never intentionally hurt another player. The 2 points are all fine and dandy, but come play offs our team better grow a pair and learn from the past seasons. With Kassian, Weise, Volpatti, Bieksa we have a good selection of guys willing to drop the gloves, all I am saying is drop em when completely necessary like when we play a team whos star defenseman intentionally injured our star leading scorer not when dumb a** ben eager wants to piss us off or when nut case kanopka (sorry for the spelling if its wrong) wants to start something. Wake up nucks, our biggest weakness was toughness for the last couple years it may have cost us the Cup but now we got the toughness USE IT! and by that I dont mean take stupid penaltys i mean protect the damn Sedins thats all i ask.

Edited by Schneider.Man604, 10 February 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#9 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

POPULAR

Keith likely didn't want to have his hair pulled again.
Posted Image

#10 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

I understand that, but Keith has a Stanley Cup and we don't..... maybe we could've had it last year? but our star leading scorer was out with a concussion. These kinds of hits should not happen to any player especially not to either of the Sedin twins who play such a clean game and would never intentionally hurt another player. The 2 points are all fine and dandy, but come play offs our team better grow a pair and learn from the past seasons. With Kassian, Weise, Volpatti, Bieksa we have a good selection of guys willing to drop the gloves, all I am saying is drop them when completely necessary like when we play a team whos star defenseman intentionally injured our star leading scorer not when dumb a** ben eager wants to piss us off or when nut case kanopka (sorry for the spelling if its wrong) wants to start something. Wake up nucks, are biggest weakness was toughness for the last couple years it may have cost us the Cup but now we got the toughness USE IT! and by that I dont mean take stupid penaltys i mean protect the damn Sedins thats all i ask.

No one has been messing with them so far this season. And I am glad we didn't go chasing Keith around the rink looking for retribution....last time that happened a guy got his neck broken and our top power forward was suspended for the rest of the season.
Posted Image

#11 Schneider.Man604

Schneider.Man604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

Keith likely didn't want to have his hair pulled again.

Lol.... its not like Burr would be the one fighting him anyways.

#12 PowerAids

PowerAids

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Daniel Sedin missing is definitely not the only reason we lost last year. The kings were firing on all cylinders while we were still in cruise control, maybe with Danny we would have made it to game 6. The difference between Keith and Torres is Torres knew it was coming and dropped the gloves on his first shift. Keith would not have done that. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Dan asked the boys not to do anything stupid and just play the game, just seems like who he is.

#13 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,396 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

You're avoiding my post (and living in the past). They're playing differently. They have more fights this season already than I can remember and have sent a message.

Posted Image

#14 Schneider.Man604

Schneider.Man604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

No one has been messing with them so far this season. And I am glad we didn't go chasing Keith around the rink looking for retribution....last time that happened a guy got his neck broken and our top power forward was suspended for the rest of the season.

No one is asking for Kassian to grab Keith punch him on the side of the head then shove his face into the ice with 5 other players piling on top of him, all i wanted was a fair fight or some nice big clean hits. For the last time stop bringing up the Bert incident.

#15 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,745 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Too busy trying to the game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Schneider.Man604

Schneider.Man604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

You're avoiding my post (and living in the past). They're playing differently. They have more fights this season already than I can remember and have sent a message.

Sorry I wasn't avoiding your post, you just edited it so I didn't read it till now, but that's all great but we didn't send a message to Chicago, we did by beating them (not even in regulation i might add) if it wasn't for Lu's stellar performance in net and Shroeders lucky shoot out goal, Chicago's all star shoot out line up could have very well beaten us and then what would we have accomplished? we would've lost and on top of that we wouldn't have got retribution for Keiths hit on Daniel. It's the little things like that which matter.

#17 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

No one is asking for Kassian to grab Keith punch him on the side of the head then shove his face into the ice with 5 other players piling on top of him, all i wanted was a fair fight or some nice big clean hits. For the last time stop bringing up the Bert incident.

What I am saying is, Keith won't fight. And he is one of the hardest players to hit in the league. Would I have loved to see him get smashed, yah of course but it was unlikely. So instead of focusing on the sideshow that is Duncan Keith, they went and won the game.

And how bout I'll stop bringing up the Bert thing, when you stop bringing up the Keith thing...mmmkay? ;)
Posted Image

#18 Schneider.Man604

Schneider.Man604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

What I am saying is, Keith won't fight. And he is one of the hardest players to hit in the league. Would I have loved to see him get smashed, yah of course but it was unlikely. So instead of focusing on the sideshow that is Duncan Keith, they went and won the game.

And how bout I'll stop bringing up the Bert thing, when you stop bringing up the Keith thing...mmmkay? ;)

haha ok, i guess ur right, it just frustrates me man all i want is that damn Stanley Cup to read 2013 Champs VANCOUVER CANUCKS.

#19 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

haha ok, i guess ur right, it just frustrates me man all i want is that damn Stanley Cup to read 2013 Champs VANCOUVER CANUCKS.

Me too man...me too!!
Posted Image

#20 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,396 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Sorry I wasn't avoiding your post, you just edited it so I didn't read it till now, but that's all great but we didn't send a message to Chicago, we did by beating them (not even in regulation i might add) if it wasn't for Lu's stellar performance in net and Shroeders lucky shoot out goal, Chicago's all star shoot out line up could have very well beaten us and then what would we have accomplished? we would've lost and on top of that we wouldn't have got retribution for Keiths hit on Daniel. It's the little things like that which matter.

So what if we fought? And someone broke their hand on Keith's skull? And we then lost a man.

Or what if we fought? And got heavily penalized? With someone ejected and suspended?

"We would have lost", but we didn't. And those hits did send a message, as they threw Chicago off their game. It slowed them down.

You don't get TO the cup without winning the 2 points each game, especially in a shortened season. I understand you're wanting to see Keith suffer, but it's time to let it go. Remember Bertuzzi? And that same feeling? Did it help our team, or rip it to shreds for a dark period? Keith is good at avoiding the fight (and the hit) so do you focus solely on him? He wants that.

You have to be careful what you wish for because it doesn't always turn out as planned. You likely have a vision of someone pummeling Keith and it's done. But there are other things that can happen in that and you're not weighing out all the options.

Posted Image

#21 Schneider.Man604

Schneider.Man604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

So what if we fought? And someone broke their hand on Keith's skull? And we then lost a man.

Or what if we fought? And got heavily penalized? With someone ejected and suspended?

"We would have lost", but we didn't. And those hits did send a message, as they threw Chicago off their game. It slowed them down.

You don't get TO the cup without winning the 2 points each game, especially in a shortened season. I understand you're wanting to see Keith suffer, but it's time to let it go. Remember Bertuzzi? And that same feeling? Did it help our team, or rip it to shreds for a dark period? Keith is good at avoiding the fight (and the hit) so do you focus solely on him? He wants that.

You have to be careful what you wish for because it doesn't always turn out as planned. You likely have a vision of someone pummeling Keith and it's done. But there are other things that can happen in that and you're not weighing out all the options.

It's about being smart. I think our team is smart enough to make sure nobody got suspended. When you bring up one of our players injuring their hand on Keiths skull, would you not rather have it on Keiths skull then the other no namers Weise or Volpatti have fought this season? Also I don't think there would be a suspension over 1 fight. Yes Keith did avoid getting beat up or getting hit because it was rarely happening... it is pretty easy to avoid a fight when no one is starting a fight with you. Again, this is not just about getting those 2 points, these two teams have a heated rivalry and retribution for injuring one of our stars goes a long way. We've all seen what the hawks can do, they can come back from a 3-0 series and destroy us in 3 straight games only to take us to game 7 over time. I want to put as much fear as possible into the hawks because it really seems like they are not scared of us at all.. why? because we havent given them a reason to. So what now? Sedins have to watch for cheap head shots/ elbows and the hawks dont have to worry about getting hit they can just play their hockey which I should add is dangerously good.

#22 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,501 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Considering Keith skirting a fight when he elbowed Danny do you really think he would step in now?

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#23 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,396 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

You're counting on things playing out exactly as you'd like and my point is that it doesn't always happen that way.

Before that game I, too, was looking for some sort of settling of the score. And, when our guys were looking to hit Keith every chance they got, I was happy about that. Problem is, he's pretty slick and avoided the hits for the most part. But you have to pick your battles and there's no saying that this is finished. If you can't see that this team is changing, then you likely aren't watching. Patience...

Posted Image

#24 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Id rather not have another Todd Bertuzzi situation

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#25 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

rocked him ?
please.
message clearly sent, keep gooning our stars, no retribution.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

Well there were probably 40 attempted hits on Keith with only 2 being landed. You could see the effort I guess.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#27 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Keith wouldn't drop the gloves

end of story
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#28 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

Keith likes to stick his fingers in peoples mouths and the Canucks don't roll like that.

#29 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,271 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Who really cares?

It's water under the bridge - move along now.

Keith was running around like a chicken with his head cut off the whole game - it affected him as he didn't do hardly anything else - in other words, it put him off his game. We won. End of story.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#30 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

They should have done something in the first minute. It's pretty simple but it's the way a lot of teams are these days. Grit is still needed on this team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.