Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schneider.Man604

I know its been a couple games since but why didnt anybody fight duncan keith?

142 posts in this topic

Get over yourselves. Winning is more important than some personal revenge. You don't go out of your way to try and fight a guy who wasn't going to fight anyways.

I agree with the OP. Who did point out how important the win was. Obviously no one wants another Bert incident, but still a few love taps hardly consists of sending Keith a message. Yeah in an interview Sedins said it was probably just a reactionary elbow, but really? A 4th liner couldn't step up? They did it to Torres. It's kinda maddening to watch the two different responses from two teams for cheap shots. And as we all know it takes grit and skill to win the cup. But grit is useless, unless its allowed to step up when needed.

Keith is a feline. We got the next best kind of revenge....2 points.

I understand that, but Keith has a Stanley Cup and we don't..... maybe we could've had it last year? but our star leading scorer was out with a concussion. These kinds of hits should not happen to any player especially not to either of the Sedin twins who play such a clean game and would never intentionally hurt another player. The 2 points are all fine and dandy, but come play offs our team better grow a pair and learn from the past seasons. With Kassian, Weise, Volpatti, Bieksa we have a good selection of guys willing to drop the gloves, all I am saying is drop em when completely necessary like when we play a team whos star defenseman intentionally injured our star leading scorer not when dumb a** ben eager wants to piss us off or when nut case kanopka (sorry for the spelling if its wrong) wants to start something. Wake up nucks, our biggest weakness was toughness for the last couple years it may have cost us the Cup but now we got the toughness USE IT! and by that I dont mean take stupid penaltys i mean protect the damn Sedins thats all i ask.

I understand that, but Keith has a Stanley Cup and we don't..... maybe we could've had it last year? but our star leading scorer was out with a concussion. These kinds of hits should not happen to any player especially not to either of the Sedin twins who play such a clean game and would never intentionally hurt another player. The 2 points are all fine and dandy, but come play offs our team better grow a pair and learn from the past seasons. With Kassian, Weise, Volpatti, Bieksa we have a good selection of guys willing to drop the gloves, all I am saying is drop them when completely necessary like when we play a team whos star defenseman intentionally injured our star leading scorer not when dumb a** ben eager wants to piss us off or when nut case kanopka (sorry for the spelling if its wrong) wants to start something. Wake up nucks, are biggest weakness was toughness for the last couple years it may have cost us the Cup but now we got the toughness USE IT! and by that I dont mean take stupid penaltys i mean protect the damn Sedins thats all i ask.

Daniel Sedin missing is definitely not the only reason we lost last year. The kings were firing on all cylinders while we were still in cruise control, maybe with Danny we would have made it to game 6. The difference between Keith and Torres is Torres knew it was coming and dropped the gloves on his first shift. Keith would not have done that. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Dan asked the boys not to do anything stupid and just play the game, just seems like who he is.

You're avoiding my post (and living in the past). They're playing differently. They have more fights this season already than I can remember and have sent a message.

No one has been messing with them so far this season. And I am glad we didn't go chasing Keith around the rink looking for retribution....last time that happened a guy got his neck broken and our top power forward was suspended for the rest of the season.

You're avoiding my post (and living in the past). They're playing differently. They have more fights this season already than I can remember and have sent a message.

No one is asking for Kassian to grab Keith punch him on the side of the head then shove his face into the ice with 5 other players piling on top of him, all i wanted was a fair fight or some nice big clean hits. For the last time stop bringing up the Bert incident.

What I am saying is, Keith won't fight. And he is one of the hardest players to hit in the league. Would I have loved to see him get smashed, yah of course but it was unlikely. So instead of focusing on the sideshow that is Duncan Keith, they went and won the game.

And how bout I'll stop bringing up the Bert thing, when you stop bringing up the Keith thing...mmmkay? ;)

haha ok, i guess ur right, it just frustrates me man all i want is that damn Stanley Cup to read 2013 Champs VANCOUVER CANUCKS.

Sorry I wasn't avoiding your post, you just edited it so I didn't read it till now, but that's all great but we didn't send a message to Chicago, we did by beating them (not even in regulation i might add) if it wasn't for Lu's stellar performance in net and Shroeders lucky shoot out goal, Chicago's all star shoot out line up could have very well beaten us and then what would we have accomplished? we would've lost and on top of that we wouldn't have got retribution for Keiths hit on Daniel. It's the little things like that which matter.

So what if we fought? And someone broke their hand on Keith's skull? And we then lost a man.

Or what if we fought? And got heavily penalized? With someone ejected and suspended?

"We would have lost", but we didn't. And those hits did send a message, as they threw Chicago off their game. It slowed them down.

You don't get TO the cup without winning the 2 points each game, especially in a shortened season. I understand you're wanting to see Keith suffer, but it's time to let it go. Remember Bertuzzi? And that same feeling? Did it help our team, or rip it to shreds for a dark period? Keith is good at avoiding the fight (and the hit) so do you focus solely on him? He wants that.

You have to be careful what you wish for because it doesn't always turn out as planned. You likely have a vision of someone pummeling Keith and it's done. But there are other things that can happen in that and you're not weighing out all the options.