The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I know its been a couple games since but why didnt anybody fight duncan keith?

Schneider.Man604

So what if we fought? And someone broke their hand on Keith's skull? And we then lost a man.

Or what if we fought? And got heavily penalized? With someone ejected and suspended?

"We would have lost", but we didn't. And those hits did send a message, as they threw Chicago off their game. It slowed them down.

You don't get TO the cup without winning the 2 points each game, especially in a shortened season. I understand you're wanting to see Keith suffer, but it's time to let it go. Remember Bertuzzi? And that same feeling? Did it help our team, or rip it to shreds for a dark period? Keith is good at avoiding the fight (and the hit) so do you focus solely on him? He wants that.

You have to be careful what you wish for because it doesn't always turn out as planned. You likely have a vision of someone pummeling Keith and it's done. But there are other things that can happen in that and you're not weighing out all the options.

You're counting on things playing out exactly as you'd like and my point is that it doesn't always happen that way.

Before that game I, too, was looking for some sort of settling of the score. And, when our guys were looking to hit Keith every chance they got, I was happy about that. Problem is, he's pretty slick and avoided the hits for the most part. But you have to pick your battles and there's no saying that this is finished. If you can't see that this team is changing, then you likely aren't watching. Patience...

Who really cares?

It's water under the bridge - move along now.

Keith was running around like a chicken with his head cut off the whole game - it affected him as he didn't do hardly anything else - in other words, it put him off his game. We won. End of story.

After the Bertuzzi incident, management, players, and fans that have been around since pre Luongo know what a retribution hit can do to a team. I for one do not want to lose Kassian or Bieksa to another team because of retribution.

If it can be done cleanly the Canucks will get er done, but no one wants someone to get hurt like Moore and to lose another star like Bertuzzi.

In the end did anyone think the Naslund hit was properly dealt with and we sent a message by what happened that game?

Watching Jamal Mayers going after Raffi Torres right away because of that hit he laid on Hossa last year makes me ask this question... Why didnt anybody go after Keith for his elbow to Daniel Sedin last season causing him to miss the first couple games of the Kings series and maybe single handedly costing us the first round?

I understand we needed the win and couldn't really risk much against a very hot blackhawks team and we needed to beat them to boost our confidence up which did happen, but come on not even one fight? not even a big clean hit on duncan? are you kidding me?

So now chicago thinks they can get away with injuring our best players because nothing will happen to them for it. Great AV thats some good coaching. Being so early in the season why not send out Volpatti or Weise to start a fight with him they are more then capable in going at it with anybody on that blackhawks team. I don't like this at all because if AV's plan is to "beat them on the score board" then why even have players like Volpatti and Weise fight in any games? why not use them for when it matters. Somebody should have taught Keith a lesson.

I made a thread last year asking who everybody thinks would fight Keith come the game against the blackhawks and it looks like nobody did.

Flame away if u want, I know everybodies gonna tell me to quit complaining we got the 2 points bla bla which i know is a good thing but I just don't want our best players getting cheap shotted again because believe it or not, the Sedins are VERY important to our teams success and anybody trying to take that success away from us by using elbows to the head should be dealt with.

Hopefully next game somebody does something because it is in chicago where the hit happend.

Looking from a different angle. Chicago, the team that used to have our number and push our team around, just spent a game afraid to get physical with us.

The only way you were going to get Keith to fight was through a sucker punch. Not worth it. Let him run and sweat and feel sick every time he faces us.

agreed more grit and a wolfpack mentality is needed, mess with one , mess with all , like the Leafs showed the Habs last night.

Vandermeer time soon hopefully.

i want a guy that laughs fighting Lucic and drops George Parros in the roster asap.

No offense to Manny but the guy is almost useless, rather have an animal that can intimidate and protect.

if we have Kassian,Vandermeer,Volpatti,Wiese in the lineup we're o.k in sandpaper dep't.

Keith wouldn't have fought. I'm sure AV and the Sedins said in the dressing room not to do anything stupid and seek retribution where the end result would have been Keith ducking whoever and than drawing a PP for the hawks. Nucks have that on their minds and boom game lost, Keith gets the last laugh.

End of story.

When you are so focused on wanting to go out and hurt someone it takes away from being focused on winning. If this game was near the end of the season and a playoff position was secured than ya send one of the 4th liners out to get him... maybe get a suspension but hey Keith will get his skull smashed in right?

How it would have unfolded:

Volpatti/Wiese/Kassian etc.. jump him, pound him and get 2, 5 and game...

During the 7 minute power play, Keith scores 2 goals, the crowd boos like crazy...

Canucks fall further behind and decide to try to get him again, repeat above...

The best way to exact revenge is to finish your check on him every time you can (which they tried) and beat them on the score board (which they did).

Raffi is a different character. He does fight and knows he has to answer (see Matt Cooke and others).

Keith is a Norris Winning defenceman, not a goon. He was suspended and we beat his team...

I would like to see many more solid body checks on him in the future.

How it would have unfolded:

Volpatti/Wiese/Kassian etc.. jump him, pound him and get 2, 5 and game...

During the 7 minute power play, Keith scores 2 goals, the crowd boos like crazy...

Canucks fall further behind and decide to try to get him again, repeat above...

The best way to exact revenge is to finish your check on him every time you can (which they tried) and beat them on the score board (which they did).

Raffi is a different character. He does fight and knows he has to answer (see Matt Cooke and others).

Keith is a Norris Winning defenceman, not a goon. He was suspended and we beat his team...

I would like to see many more solid body checks on him in the future.

Archived