The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I know its been a couple games since but why didnt anybody fight duncan keith?

Schneider.Man604

LOL at the people saying Keith won't drop his gloves. That shouldn't be an issue, you MAKE him drop his gloves, or pummel him into the ground.

This is what should have happened.

Boyle started picking on Karlsson, and he had to pay the price annd it wasn't even that serious. Daniel missed plenty of games.

Truly embarrassing, softest team in the league.

agreed more grit and a wolfpack mentality is needed, mess with one , mess with all , like the Leafs showed the Habs last night.

Vandermeer time soon hopefully.

i want a guy that laughs fighting Lucic and drops George Parros in the roster asap.

No offense to Manny but the guy is almost useless, rather have an animal that can intimidaLte and protect.

if we have Kassian,Vandermeer,Volpatti,Wiese in the lineup we're o.k in sandpaper dep't.

It's about being smart. I think our team is smart enough to make sure nobody got suspended. When you bring up one of our players injuring their hand on Keiths skull, would you not rather have it on Keiths skull then the other no namers Weise or Volpatti have fought this season? Also I don't think there would be a suspension over 1 fight. Yes Keith did avoid getting beat up or getting hit because it was rarely happening... it is pretty easy to avoid a fight when no one is starting a fight with you. Again, this is not just about getting those 2 points, these two teams have a heated rivalry and retribution for injuring one of our stars goes a long way. We've all seen what the hawks can do, they can come back from a 3-0 series and destroy us in 3 straight games only to take us to game 7 over time. I want to put as much fear as possible into the hawks because it really seems like they are not scared of us at all.. why? because we havent given them a reason to. So what now? Sedins have to watch for cheap head shots/ elbows and the hawks dont have to worry about getting hit they can just play their hockey which I should add is dangerously good.

LOL at the people saying Keith won't drop his gloves. That shouldn't be an issue, you MAKE him drop his gloves, or pummel him into the ground.

This is what should have happened.

Boyle started picking on Karlsson, and he had to pay the price annd it wasn't even that serious. Daniel missed plenty of games.

Truly embarrassing, softest team in the league.

Hockey is a game of sequential events. Earlier in the game, Daniel clanged Keith in the head with his shoulder pretty good...was it a late hit...maybe.

This was soon followed up with Keith`s hit on Daniel...

It would have been great to deal with the Keith incident as it happened, but it didn`t. It`s time to move on...until his hit on Daniel, Keith didn`t have any real history with these incidents, and hasn`t had any since. And no matter how badly he is goaded, he won`t drop the mitts for this incident.

Hockey is a game of planned and incidental contact...as a team, we`ve given as much as we`ve taken (Matt Cooke; Raffi Torres; way back when -- Hilliard Graves; Tiger Williams). This is hockey...not figure skating, so let`s accept that and move on. We just need to make most of our opportunities to nail Keith every chance we get and make him look over his shoulder everytime he plays against us. And take two points from Chicago every time we play them.

I think the Nucks have finally learned that getting revenge on the scoreboard is a better means of retribution. I'm glad the Canucks have given up 'gooning' it up with cheap shots and late hits and focused on putting in a solid effort playing hockey in order to exact revenge.

Imagine what may have happened if the team would have turned all their efforts towards playing hockey against the Bruins in the SCF. Instead they were coerced into focusing on physical retaliation and we all know how far that got them.

I really felt something should have been done about the Keith hit on Sedin. Losing a shot at the cup should be something to inspire a certain level of angst at the very least within the players of the team.

And of course no one wants a Bertuzzi situation again. Stating that is a massive slippery slope. Yes that Bertuzzi fiasco cost us a run at the cup.

However, Bertuzzi deserves everything he gets, because we all know you can't punch people in the back of the head. Such cowardly actions should be punished. If Bertuzzi had any brains at all, he would have spun Moore to face him, or let him go and wait for another time.

A straight up fair fight with Keith and one of our tougher players would be 5 min each for fighting, and thats how this should be handled. End of story.

I remember I bunch of Canucks were going after Keith in the same game that he cheapshotted Daniel. The only difference between the Torres situation and the Keith situation is that Torres answered the bell while Keith spent the remainder of that game hiding behind his teammates and the refs. How are you supposed to fight a guy that refuses to answer for his actions?

We did go after him, clearly he was the one Bieksa and Burrows were after. Also, anyone notice that knee to the groin? Burrows :lol: (Starts @ 7:54)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3GkvozVxvI

At this point in the season, there's no point to go after him aggressively, the hatred is long gone. The Sedins still throw a few bumps though, and they never go after anyone. (Starts @ 1:34)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I11YQi3q44

Point being, we did go after him and proved our point. We're not going to go out and injure the guy, we're not Chicago or Boston, that's a pathetic way to play. All this shows is how much better we handled the situation.

I agree with the OP. F the 2 points. Its not like we are a bottom feeding team trying to squeak into the playoffs at 8th place where every point matters.

I want Van to scare the sh!t out of Chicago and any other team even thinking about messing with us.

Remember when Lucic ran Miller?

With the addition of the tough guys in Buffalo this year anyone know what happened?

Lucic was too much of a wuss to stand up for his actions so guess who had to answer the bell for Lucic? Our good old friend Shawn Thornton. And guess what John Scott did to him?

Thornton suffered a concussion as a result of Lucic being afraid to stand up for his actions.

I want the Canucks to go after Keith. If Keith wont do it and is hiding behind guys like Stalberg and Kane, I wouldnt mind if Bieksa grabbed Stalberg and Burrows grabbed Kane and we sh!tkicked each of them.

Keith then has to look himself in the mirror and know that his actions and his unwillingness to face the music resulted in his teammates getting beaten up.

Is that too gangster?

Burr and Bieksa went after Keith but, of course, 18 armed guards, a SWAT team, 23 Hawks and 9 officials arrived on the scene to make sure they couldn't do anything. Just Google the images, I'm sure they're there. But Keith's homegirls all circled around him like dumb girls in a high school hallway and he didn't pay the piper as he should have. You're right, but that's just how he was protected.

You're a little late to the dance with this? If you haven't noticed, our team is playing a much tougher/grittier game and it's been effective. How'd the Hawks do against us last game? We out hit them 22-6 (and Keith was a slippery fish but the target on many of those). We also beat them. So they can go around being d bags all they want but it seems their game is a little less effective than it used to be and as long as we beat them, Keith's ugly mug doesn't matter.

Archived