The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I know its been a couple games since but why didnt anybody fight duncan keith?

Schneider.Man604

We gave them one of their 2 losses all season long and Keith was a -1 I believe. That hurts more than a couple of punches to the face.

That being said, if we're playing against the Blackhawks and the game is decided (either we're whooping them or getting trounced) I want to see some liberties being taken towards him. Going out of your way to hit and fight this guy if it leaves us vulnerable to losing a hockey game is out of the question, but if the game is practically over then who cares, bang his head in.

Even if someone tried to fight him I doubt Keith would have dropped the gloves, or someone else (like Mayers) would have stepped in for him. Keith is their star defenseman making 8 million dollars a year he's not going to be doing much fighting.

Sedins rocked him a couple times with some hits

Honestly winning the game does more than a fight would have.

The time do react would of been to jump on him then and there. With all the four others Canucks reacting no matter what.

The Canucks need to stand up for a guy when it happens and not wait for retribution.

As for Keith, he is too much of a coward and mouth piece to stand up and fight someone. He'll never be man enough and step up unlike a Torres period.

Canucks just need to play tougher in the games and protect each other during games period. Then perhaps players would not run their stars if they all stood up as a team should. Two point or win isn't the most important thing when player continually cheap shot you.

I think everyone is forgetting that Torres knew he went over the line and his "warriors honor" prevented him from declining a fight he knew he should accept. Good on Torres, thats a man's response.

Duncan Kieth fed a sedin in the chops with an elbow and might have cost us a deep playoff run. The next year people challange him and he declines. This is because he has no honor and he is a coward.

His punishment will be the loss of the respect of his peers. Not as satisifying as a few well placed punches to the face, but it will have to do.

Everyone was expecting us to goon it up, that's why they had O'Halloran in there ready to throw the book at us. Remember people, revenge is a dish best served cold. The NHL was just begging the Canucks to go after the Hawks' guys, they couldn't wait to bring the hammer down on us. That's why the Sedins and Vigneault told the guys to hold off and play it cool. They know how this game is played. It's a sort of passive-aggressive psych-out tactic. Keith knows he can't hide forever. It's got to be unsettling for the Blackhawks, knowing that the matter is still hanging over their heads, knowing that any moment in a game could be the moment we decide to take our vengeance. It's much better than having a pointless little scrap on the first shift, it's mental warfare. Their time will come.

The time for retribution would have been immediately after the cowardly play by Keith, but what happened? All the canucks kept there distance and did sweet frack all. This team is the same as then. Ya we have a few more fighting majors this year but I don't see tham as being any more tougher or grittier. Wait til the playoffs and you are going to see the same old same old.

Burkie was wrong, Sedin is in fact Swedish for "Punch me in the face"

Keith is gutless jelly fish but that doesn't change the facts about the canucks. Kassian helps but we are still missing Mr Big Nasty Ugly on D and a tough guy up front.

What is so hard about that? Canucks need a pack mentality and attack Chicago as a five man unit so that there is no room for players like Kane and Keith to hide.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in your world does anyone ever play hockey or do they just fight? I think you should try MMA.

I'm going to agree with the OP....to a point.

It has long been a burr under my saddle (no pun intended ;)) that the Canucks do not employ a true heavyweight. I'm not saying that you'd need a real enforcer to face Keith, but you would to face the inevitable intervention of Mayers. As it sits right now, the Canucks don't have anyone who can go with JM.

Volpatti looked good in one fight last year (the one-punch of Winchester) but hasn't impressed me much since. Dale Weise got beat up by Nick Foligno of all people....

As it sits right now, Juice and Kass are the best bets on the team for scraps and both are too valuable to sit down for five (or seven plus) minutes.

I thought maybe that Vandermeer was going to be that guy, but I don't see an opening for him right now on the Canucks' D. Maybe against certain teams he can slot in as a 4th line forward?

BTW: I did see Kass give Keith the old stink eye a few times, but DK (wisely) avoided any eye contact...

What is so hard about that? Canucks need a pack mentality and attack Chicago as a five man unit so that there is no room for players like Kane and Keith to hide.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in your world does anyone ever play hockey or do they just fight? I think you should try MMA.

Archived