The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder = Cliff Ronning?

TheRick

Here's what I have to say about Jordan Schroeder: He's fast becoming one of my favorite players. This kid can play. It seems like every time he's on the ice he does something positive, whether it's making a good pass, going to the right spot on the ice, winning a puck battle, or winning a face-off. I liked Hodgson, but when he wasn't scoring (which he was pretty darn good at) he was practically invisible, or worse, a detriment. When he was traded I was surprised, but not sad. Schroeder is a completely different player, he's so poised, calm, confident, and he plays with such immense effort. In this way he is like Cliff Ronning, and I can see his career taking a similar path. If he should leave the team, whether through being sent back to the AHL or (please no!) traded, I will be pretty upset.

Ronning is a legend one of the best players to ever wear the spaghetti skate. other than both being small its waaaay to early to be putting those expectations on him. when he starts averaging 60-80 pts a season we can start to make comparisons. He looks good out there though. I am becomig a fan. I always noticed him more on the ice than Cody in pre season. Time will tell.

You guys can keep chirping MayRay despite his performance increase. That shot of his is actually impressed me so much and once he starts hitting the back of the net again you guys are going to be eating your words. I'm not saying he's Bavel material in the slightest but he's nowhere near has bad as he was last season and he's picking it up. Watch highlights those snap/wrist shots of his are really scary now

Here's what I have to say about Jordan Schroeder: He's fast becoming one of my favorite players. This kid can play. It seems like every time he's on the ice he does something positive, whether it's making a good pass, going to the right spot on the ice, winning a puck battle, or winning a face-off. I liked Hodgson, but when he wasn't scoring (which he was pretty darn good at) he was practically invisible, or worse, a detriment. When he was traded I was surprised, but not sad. Schroeder is a completely different player, he's so poised, calm, confident, and he plays with such immense effort. In this way he is like Cliff Ronning, and I can see his career taking a similar path. If he should leave the team, whether through being sent back to the AHL or (please no!) traded, I will be pretty upset.

i think the small-man complex is working right now, and hopefully will continue to. like marchand (not comparing playing style, just size and energy) it's very helpful to have a small, fearless forward. there's just something about the spirit of such players that seems to energize a team in a way that -to use a familiar extreme- a brute, chara-type player, just can't.

wouldn't go so far as to say schroeder will be a ronning, or marchand, or anyone else, but i do hope he sticks around and continues his promising development. i would also hope that he is willing to play for team where he might be behind hank and kesler for another season or 2, if it means having a damn good shot at a cup.

Jordan Schroeder = Jordan Schroeder

Zack Kassian = Zack Kassian

Chris Tanev = Chris Tanev

Why do our players always have to be compared to someone else. Is it not good enough for them to just be their own players, and make their own names for themselves?

Archived