The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder = Cliff Ronning?

TheRick

I compared Schroeder to a more physical, two-way version of Patrick Kane. Actually, yeah Ronning isn't a bad comparison. Both undersized guys with heart and determination, plus skill. I'm impressed with Schroeder so far - now, if you just pair him with a big guy like Kassian, they'll do fine.

Cliff bled Green and Blue since the time he was old enough to skate.

Jordan.Not.

Cliff was a prolific goal scorer and set up man in an era where your head was taken off if you couldn't skate or mind your pints and quarts.

Cliff had an 85 point season with the Canucks.56 assists in 79 gp.

Jordan should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Cliff at this stage.

Give it a rest for about five years and then come back and tell us where Jordan ranks alongside Cliff.

Schroeder is a plus/minus 0 playing mostly with Hansen (+10) and Raymond (+8). Anybody who plays with Hansen and Raymond would look good.

There is a cost when playing Schroeder with Hansen/Raymond - Hansen (most often) has to cover for Schroeder, who most of the time is running around without his head. And Hansen is by far the better checker of the two of them.

He is a rookie, seems a good prospect, who can hope he compares to Ronning at some point in the future. That would be a huge honor for Schroeder - but at this point he doesn't even have a spot if the team was healthy.

My first memory of the Canucks is going to a game and watching Ronning leave the box straight to scoring on a breakaway. Fabulous introduction to a great player, and an even better team.

Don't for see Schroeder providing that kind of impact anytime soon.....so no, no I don't see Schroeder = Ronning.

Ronning at 22... 25 points in 42 games as a rookie with the Blues.

Schroeder at 22... 9 points in 29 games as a rookie (so far).

Hard to compare 2 different eras, but, I'd have to say Ronning gets the edge here. If Schroeder plays 1100+ games and score 870 odd points, man, that would be stoopid good!

I have been of the opinion that Schroeder will be that first forward call-up for the Canucks for his career, unless he is moved. My opinion is changing. When given the opportunity, especially recently with Hansen and MayRay, he has looked good, even dangerous, at times. He's responsible defensively, offensively talented, but he aint no Cliffy!

Ronning at 22... 25 points in 42 games as a rookie with the Blues.

Schroeder at 22... 9 points in 29 games as a rookie (so far).

Hard to compare 2 different eras, but, I'd have to say Ronning gets the edge here. If Schroeder plays 1100+ games and score 870 odd points, man, that would be stoopid good!

I have been of the opinion that Schroeder will be that first forward call-up for the Canucks for his career, unless he is moved. My opinion is changing. When given the opportunity, especially recently with Hansen and MayRay, he has looked good, even dangerous, at times. He's responsible defensively, offensively talented, but he aint no Cliffy!

Archived