Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Tough strech coming up for the Canucks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#31 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

+1 for you sir

He meant that they go back and forth on the time zones 7 times, or are you trying to be Bertuzzi Babe and justify your existance on these threads by your excellent knowledge of the dictionary.

hahahah too funny

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#32 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

Blue Jackets twice, Calgary, Slumping Kings, Slumping Wild. 5/7 Favourable match-ups is pretty good

Chopper-for-life-7-600x200.png

If we don't even dump one veteran, I'll stop posting on CDC until October 7th. It's that disappointing. - Tom Sestito, June 27th.

#33 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

I'm only seeing 4 time zones with nhl hockey teams in them. and only 3 dif time zones we could be playing in. so in reality we might switch time zones if correct 7 times but the swing wont be that great loose an hr gain an hr back the next day. hardly a big issue. Lame excuse for poor performance maybe but I don't see our guys making lame excuses.

.....That's only because Kesler isn't playing yet ! Trust me the lame excuses will come ! Plus,a great deal of them will come from his fan-boys.

Edited by fagin, 11 February 2013 - 03:38 PM.

#34 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,733 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Sorry if this has already been discussed here, couldn't see anything.  But starting March 2, the Canucks go on a 7 games in 13 days in 7 different time zone.

It is not a big deal has most time change is only 1 hour difference, but still that should takes it's toll on players.

It is a good thing we are having a good start, because after that strech their will be 22 games lefts.  If we're not in good position after that stretch, it could be difficult, because guys might be tired.  Yes guys should be fresh from the lockout but it's still a heavy schedule.

I don't think it's quite as bad as it originally looks.

On three of those time zone changes, the Canucks actually gain an hour, going from east to west. On top of that, the one game with a big time zone adjustment is going to be against the Jackets. If I had to pick an team in the Eastern Time Zone that I'd want to be jet lagged against, that would be it.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#35 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

I'm not too concerned about it. There are quite a few bottom dweller teams on there so presumably the Canucks won't have to bring their "A" game every night.

#36 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Rematch against the sharks!

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.