The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Native man throws wrench into anti immigration protest in US

Harbinger

They ran away because it was Arizona, which happens to have the 2 largest reserves in the US. Also over a quarter of the state is reserve.

The people that run these rally's also push those bills that make it so anyone brown needs papers and is subject to extreme racial profiling.

Instant access to all your ID, just what the gov't needs.

Why bother recognizing the American Indian, if only to shame the Mexican. Where did the Mexican come from? Did they not travel to and fro before there was a border there? Are they not just as brown ( or browner :P) than the American Indian? This is another reason why the protesters ran away.

Along with genocide, mass murder, ridicule, and forced religion?

Im sure you're so educated on the situation.

I wished i lived off the wealth of group of people without paying them a dime. Oh hell, plow their graves for trains, and progress. At the same time, ignore their rights while I cash in on their resources.

PS: our education is not free, we pay what we owe. Im still paying off my debts from when i got a degree in linguistics. Its called a repayment plan. And these "paychecks" you are referring to? Pease elaborate.

Instant access to all your ID, just what the gov't needs.

Why bother recognizing the American Indian, if only to shame the Mexican. Where did the Mexican come from? Did they not travel to and fro before there was a border there? Are they not just as brown ( or browner :P) than the American Indian? This is another reason why the protesters ran away.

They ran away because it was Arizona, which happens to have the 2 largest reserves in the US. Also over a quarter of the state is reserve.

The people that run these rally's also push those bills that make it so anyone brown needs papers and is subject to extreme racial profiling.

I went to high school, natives I was in school with bragged about it all the time. They would recieve an allowance to show up to class and be present for attendance, then skip out or wander the halls after attendance was taken. Not meant to offend or anything, just simply what it was when I went to school.

Not everything you live or experience has a " link " or a " source " take my word or don't. I don't really care, just explaining an experience I had.

I'm brown, spent a lot of time in Arizona, and would move there if I could, and have never encountered racial profiling there. Of course I don't look like an illegal  nor do I have "Gangster" tattooed across my face so that helps.

I have however experienced all sorts of issues in Vancouver however, whether its regularily getting stopped and asked for ID on the street, or getting constantly followed around in stores etc, its pretty blantant.

I believe the problem is that the Deliverance hillbillies around here in most cases mistake me for Native, not just me but my Brazilian girlfriend's family and my Italian-Mexican's friends family as well.

Anybody who says Natives have it easy or that the perks they have are worth the discrimination.

You must ignore the amount of commercial fishers out on the mouth of the Fraser, or the thousands of boats overfishing the coast. The natives of Minnesota are treaty indians, meaning, they get treated like crap. How else are they supposed to live? Im sure the us gov will give them a hand. Its not like they wiped out almost all the american indian tribes, all 90 million of them. For money.

Oh and the amount of pollutants corporations pump out every day is minuscule to a couple beer cans? Because a drop of beer can pollute 100 gallons of fresh water right? Or using 100 gallons of fresh water to make a litre of oil is ethical? Im a hunter and i see caucasians leave their hunting and RV camps filthy. The whole backroads of BC is littered with their waste. In fact, they back up to an opening and dump loads of garbage off. Starting wildfires and ruining ecosystems. You really know nothing of the matter so why would you pin it on a couple measly beer cans?

Im sick of this racism.

I think you should study better about the Brazilian Indians before make an opinion like this. our "natives" now have more privileges than an "average" Brazilian citizen, they (Indians) delay/stop important facilities that will give progress to our country (like the "Belo Monte powerplant"), the indians are always saying that river is a "God´s river", but only now! before we start build the powerplant they said nothing but now the Indians always go there and disturb the workers. Indians don´t fly in single engine airplanes. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! they only fly in Twin-engine airplanes or turboprops even if the airplane is a Cessna 206 or a Cessna Caravan. I dealed with them in the jungle and for god sake they´re annoying many and many times! "Indian will not fly on the steel bird with one mouth! Inidian want fly on the 2 mouths steel bird!".The "Native Brazilian" is the people how gave this country progress and history, like the "Caboclos", the "Candangos", the "Sertanejos", the "Pampeanos" etc. these people actually did something for this nation....

Archived