Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheRussianRocket96

Roenick's AV stories from junior days

88 posts in this topic

Maybe Hodgson and his dad really disliked the pranks AV played on rookies :shock:

lol the initiation part was a funny joke

Hilarious! Man it must be so cool being a part of the CHL hockey family

I really like AV for not taking everything so seriously. He's intense when he needs to be but he's not a drill sergeant either. The players seem to have a good relationship with him because of that. He treats them like men, not little kids.

I think AV has probably softened a bit over the years but I also think he picks his spots and doesn't take himself too seriously. I'm sure he rips players at times but he leaves that in the room and doesn't necessarily take it into media scrums. Plus the team wins a lot, if the team was terrible he would probably show a bit more frustration.

There's only two things that drive me nuts about AV , he doesn't use his time outs when it could really help and he has to lighten up on the throat lozenges. :lol:

Cool! Has anyone else read any hockey biographies?

I like AV but I do think he needs to change it up sometimes in playoffs. But I'm happy my team has him over someone else

That's pretty funny, the hazing when I was in junior wasn't. Some of the younger guys had to go to school with "vampire bites" or were made to swallow chew (not me thankfully). Funniest thing our coach ever did was clear out the dressing room, bring in two pairs of boxing gloves and a stopwatch and told us we each had to fight a player of his choosing. Ya, he really wasn't that funny (although most of the fights were kind of funny).

AV always struck me as a guy with a good sense of humour. I get the honesty and I can see him being tough on guys that were slacking off, but I never thought of him as a yeller.