The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks & Denver

To Colorado:

Billy Sweatt

Yann Sauve

To Vancouver:

Cameron Gaunce

Cond. 5th round pick 2014 ---> Turns into a 4th if Yann Sauve or Billy Sweatt play 15+ games next year.

Sweatt has been turning a corner lately, but with the Canucks forward depth, realistically where does he fit in? Schroeder & Gordon are already above him on the depth chart. Volpatti + Weise + Ebbett also, and they're already up. After this year Jensen, Gaunce, Rodin, Archibald and potentially a couple more will also be fighting for a roster spot. Maybe more depending on how things unfold.

Yann Sauve has struggled and is not a lost cause, but Tanev, Connauton and Andersson are all showing to be more NHL-ready. Plus, Vancouver always seems to play with 2 depth defensemen on the roster (Barker, Alberts) and potentially one vet with the Wolves (Vandermeer, in the past Baumer).

Cameron Gaunce is the same age, from the same draft as Sauve. He's played 11 NHL games, but his stat line has also seem to have taken a hit this year. But he's +19 over the last two years (leading his team in +/- last year). At 6'1, 203 pounds he's not too small to be a defensive defenseman.

HF TA (take it for what it is):

While not as polished as some of the Avs' defensive prospects, Gaunce has a well-rounded game that includes a gritty, physical side. He has a strong slapshot, makes smart decisions with the puck and has a great work ethic.

I wouldn't give up on Sauve just yet. He looked good in the couple of games he played a year or two ago on the big club. The car accident he had also put a stall on his development. While I do like the fact that MG would try to reunite players (Gaunce brothers), I would be hesitant if it was at the expense of Yann Sauve.

I wouldn't give up on Sauve just yet. He looked good in the couple of games he played a year or two ago on the big club. The car accident he had also put a stall on his development. While I do like the fact that MG would try to reunite players (Gaunce brothers), I would be hesitant if it was at the expense of Yann Sauve.

Would be willing to do Sauve, although I doubt his value is quite at Gaunces level.

To me:

Sweatt = Gaunce.

I would like having both Gaunces's. But I just wouldn't do it as we have alot of defenders in the pipeline with Gaunce's upside.

If we are doing a prospect swap we should look at nabbing Tyler Graovac from Minny, he and B.Gaunce have played really well together with the Bulls.

Would be willing to do Sauve, although I doubt his value is quite at Gaunces level.

To me:

Sweatt = Gaunce.

I would like having both Gaunces's. But I just wouldn't do it as we have alot of defenders in the pipeline with Gaunce's upside.

If we are doing a prospect swap we should look at nabbing Tyler Graovac from Minny, he and B.Gaunce have played really well together with the Bulls.

This also caters to Vancouver's 1st round from last year, Brendan Gaunce.. as they're brothers. GMMG oft. has brought players in w/ connections, for example off the top of my head: re-signed both Sedins (obv.), brought in both Sweatts, invited the 2nd Vesterholm twin over for a look, Lapierre & AV, Lapierre & Higgins, signed Chris Tanev who had a relation of sorts with Dave Gagner, drafted Ian Clarke's son, traded for Pahlsson (long relationship with the Sedins), offered Kesler's boyhood hero Modano a contract, etc.

Archived