The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks can trade for Iginla

VanNuck

With the way Iginla has been playing, Kassian is just as likely to get us a cup.

And if we trade Kassian for Iginla, and Iginla doesn't bring us a cup (which is the far more likely scenerio) then we are major losers. And it is a one of the worst trades in franchise history.

And no to trade Iginla here they are looking for key futures, that is what they are looking for from alot of teams but from us they would be looking for our very best.

No, just deal Ballard and Higgins for Iginla + conditional second rounder. You'll still have Kassian.

Kass has the all-round ability, but he doesn't have Iginla's experience, leadership, or clutch ability. When Iggy goes into a big game, he transforms into a different player and can pot big numbers, as well as be a physical force. And he's not too bad in his own end - AV can help work on that aspect.

All I can say is, this is Vancouver's best chance not to miss out on the Cup.

It's Iginla yes, but get real, even Feaster knows you can't expect a big price for someone with just months on his contract. Besides, they want Iginla to win as much as anyone else - but they know it won't be in Calgary. They could try Chicago or San Jose, although I don't see either of them making the deal when they already have Cup-winners and experienced vets.

I have my doubts that it'll happen. Iginla and the Flames organization have both publicly stated that they are happy with the current situation. If he was traded I doubt that it would be to Vancouver since they're NW Division Rivals.

Iginla is a really classy hockey player. He is by far my favorite non-Canuck. I'd love to see him in a Canucks sweater playing with the twins. Talk about instant domination with the twins passing skills and Iginla's prowess and ability to finish. He is also super motivated in the playoff's could be the spark that this team needs to push them over the edge.

Trevor Lindens last game. Fast forward to 4:40 to see Iginla's classy move, he also potted his 50th goal of the season in this game.

With the way Iginla has been playing, Kassian is just as likely to get us a cup.

And if we trade Kassian for Iginla, and Iginla doesn't bring us a cup (which is the far more likely scenerio) then we are major losers. And it is a one of the worst trades in franchise history.

And no to trade Iginla here they are looking for key futures, that is what they are looking for from alot of teams but from us they would be looking for our very best.

I don't know what you see in Kassian (are you a relative?) but I don't see it. I would trade him for Iginla in a heartbeat and even toss in something else.

Kassian has 1 pt. in the last 4 games. How many games since he scored a goal?

I saw the results from the Canucks Skills contest.............Kassian finished last of the speed skaters who raced, he lost the 1 on 1 puck relay to Schroeder, he went 0 for 2 on his breakaways and went 1 for 8 in the accuracy shooting competition (something tells me it must have been a lower target he hit).

This guy is Anson Carter 2.0..............and that might be an insult to Anson!

Archived