The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks can trade for Iginla

VanNuck

Every guy in this competition managed to hit all the targets in their 8 allotted shots............except for 1..............who couldn't even get 2..............

Shooting accuracy (four targets)

Blue: Barker (4-for-5), Raymond (4-for-4), Kassian (1-for-8).

White: Lapierre (4-for-4), Burrows (4-for-7), D. Sedin (4-for-8).

There are 10+ guys who didn't even compete in these contests, if you are using a skills competition as the be all and end all then I think you need to wake up.

Kassians shooting percentage this season is 21.7%. That's 14th in the league for RWers. Iginla's shooting percentage is 2.2%

Iginla has 2 more points than Kassian so far this year.

Iginla has played 20+ Minutes on the top line and top PP. Kassian has played 16 minutes and has been moved around the top 9.

Iginla has played 52 minutes more so far this season with better line mates, better PP time and only has 2 points more.

So Iginla has almost played a full game more than Kassian and only has 2 points more to show for it.

Zack Kassian also has 27 hits while Iginla only has 16 (And that with 52 mins more ice time remember)

Kassian also is a plus player and Iginla is a minus player.

Sorry trading Kassian for rental Iginla would be remarkably stupid.

I'd go after him in the off season since he is a UFA. Doubt he'd want to sign here, but it'd be nice to get a veteran of his calibre. At his age, I think he can still be effective with the Sedins. I think he's lost a bit of that passion because he's been on that crappy team for so many years. That organization has done nothing for him to put a winning team on the ice. His best center was Craig Conroy which says it all. If he gets to play with Hank, I think it will bring some fire back. Probably capable of potting 40 in the net

Yes, I would trade him for Iginla as I want to win a cup, not be mediocre for years to come.

He has 1 point in his last 4 games and won't eclipse what Anson Carter did with the twins, so what makes you think he is so good? He's done nothing to prove it yet, so what is it you see?

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching the season unfold, this deal really is beginning to make a lot more sense. To those of you who say it will never happen, well first, think for the Flames' perspective:

The team is sinking right now and unless they can pull off some sort of miracle, they will certainly miss the playoffs - even if they can make it, they're certainly not going to last past the second round.

Since they're clearly not going anywhere, Iginla, in this last two months of play will be worthless to them - as such they cannot expect to command a high trading price, they'll be happy to get something for him, say someone like David Booth + second rounder. Consider it a consolation prize for a season where they're bound to lose one way or another.

If they trade him, it will be to a Cup contender. It's the best way to ensure Iginla will get a Cup.

Chicago could take him, but I doubt they'd want to mess up the chemistry given their roll. Ditto for Boston. Anaheim or Pittsburgh may consider him. But somehow, of all places, Vancouver seems to be a natural fit for Iginla, because they have playmakers and somehow inserting Jarome could actually boost chemistry and not disturb it.

From Vancouver's perspective, the Sedins are inconsistent this year, and unless they can get awake for playoffs, don't expect a Stanley Cup run.

That's where Iginla comes in - the man constantly makes his teams better, but often has never been given much in return because his teams were only so good. He has however come through on world-class Olympic teams, scoring two goals in the 2002 gold medal finals, then assisting on the gold-winning goal in 2010. Imagine what he can do in the NHL if given a decent cast.

Somehow, nearly everything Vancouver lacks, Jarome has it. Almost everything Jarome lacks, well it's in Vancouver. That's why they should gun to make this trade.

http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/bruins-interested-in-daniel-alfredsson-jarome-iginla/

Bruins Interested In Daniel Alfredsson, Jarome Iginla

Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli told the Boston Herald’s Stephen Harris a recent lull in the Bruins schedule gave him the opportunity to watch other teams and to speak with their GMs.

It’s believed he seeks depth at forward, preferably a left winger with size and skill.

Harris’ colleague Steve Conroy suggested Ottawa’s Daniel Alfredsson, Calgary’s Jarome Iginla, Detroit’s Valtteri Filppula and Dallas’ Michael Ryder (a former Bruin) as trade targets.

ESPN Boston’s James Murphy also included Iginla and Ryder on his list of possibilities, as well as Florida’s Stephen Weiss, San Jose’s Ryane Clowe and Philadelphia’s Ruslan Fedotenko.

As much as i'd like to see Iginla in a canucks jersey

1. i dont see calgary trading for him unless we make them a offer to good to refuse

2. Its a gamble if he would resign here otherwise he's just a expensive rental

3. I'd like to see us make a move for doan if the coyotes look like A= the teams out of the playoffs or B= the team looks like it will be moved

Maybe if the Canucks offer up Raymond, Schroeder, Booth, and a 1st they might be able to pry him away. But that is doubtful, and I would prefer the Canucks not give up a 1st round pick for a pending UFA rental player.

If Iginla hit open market, teams will line-up and sell their farm.

And the prices will be even more for the Canucks, a division rivals.

Your looking at either Jensen or Gaunce + probably a 1st pick, at least, for a rental player. Do I want him, YES!, at that price, NO!

Archived