120 replies to this topic

#91 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

It's Iginla yes, but get real, even Feaster knows you can't expect a big price for someone with just months on his contract. Besides, they want Iginla to win as much as anyone else - but they know it won't be in Calgary. They could try Chicago or San Jose, although I don't see either of them making the deal when they already have Cup-winners and experienced vets.

Yeah they will want top notch young pieces, since they probably don't want to trade him anyways and especially not to a division rival. So if he is coming here the price will be high.

zackass.png

#92 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

I have my doubts that it'll happen. Iginla and the Flames organization have both publicly stated that they are happy with the current situation. If he was traded I doubt that it would be to Vancouver since they're NW Division Rivals.

Iginla is a really classy hockey player. He is by far my favorite non-Canuck. I'd love to see him in a Canucks sweater playing with the twins. Talk about instant domination with the twins passing skills and Iginla's prowess and ability to finish. He is also super motivated in the playoff's could be the spark that this team needs to push them over the edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6YS7VAs7Iw

Trevor Lindens last game. Fast forward to 4:40 to see Iginla's classy move, he also potted his 50th goal of the season in this game.

Damn...what's this salty discharge coming from my eyes???????

Not many players in the league that would have done what Jerome did. Kept his guys on the ice to congratulate Trev and had guys come back from the dressing room. Beautiful.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#93 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Jarome for Booth or Raymond is the absolute most I would pay .. he is almost ineffective, does little work and feeds off his linemates getting him the puck .. when they do not feed him, he does not score .. like so far this season ..

You couldn't get him for Booth AND Raymond..........give your head a shake

#94 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

With the way Iginla has been playing, Kassian is just as likely to get us a cup.

And if we trade Kassian for Iginla, and Iginla doesn't bring us a cup (which is the far more likely scenerio) then we are major losers. And it is a one of the worst trades in franchise history.

And no to trade Iginla here they are looking for key futures, that is what they are looking for from alot of teams but from us they would be looking for our very best.

I don't know what you see in Kassian (are you a relative?) but I don't see it. I would trade him for Iginla in a heartbeat and even toss in something else.

Kassian has 1 pt. in the last 4 games. How many games since he scored a goal?

I saw the results from the Canucks Skills contest.............Kassian finished last of the speed skaters who raced, he lost the 1 on 1 puck relay to Schroeder, he went 0 for 2 on his breakaways and went 1 for 8 in the accuracy shooting competition (something tells me it must have been a lower target he hit).

This guy is Anson Carter 2.0..............and that might be an insult to Anson!

#95 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

I don't know what you see in Kassian (are you a relative?) but I don't see it. I would trade him for Iginla in a heartbeat and even toss in something else.

Kassian has 1 pt. in the last 4 games. How many games since he scored a goal?

I saw the results from the Canucks Skills contest.............Kassian finished last of the speed skaters who raced, he lost the 1 on 1 puck relay to Schroeder, he went 0 for 2 on his breakaways and went 1 for 8 in the accuracy shooting competition (something tells me it must have been a lower target he hit).

This guy is Anson Carter 2.0..............and that might be an insult to Anson!

Nice troll post.

I'm not even going to reply with anything of substance because that post was laughable. And I'm being generous.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 15 February 2013 - 11:54 PM.

zackass.png

#96 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

So which part of my post to you disagree with? I'm curious as I think its all factual, except for my opinion of him being Anson Carter 2.0. I'll go check status, but I believe Anson likely had a much higher goals / game average.

#97 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Here are Anson's stats for the year he played:

2005-06 Vancouver NHL 81 33 22 55 -1 15 10 0 0 7 41 146

On his pace, that would be 20 goals in a 48 game season. Kassian won't come close to that.

#98 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

So which part of my post to you disagree with? I'm curious as I think its all factual, except for my opinion of him being Anson Carter 2.0. I'll go check status, but I believe Anson likely had a much higher goals / game average.

I went to the Canucks Superskills, he didn't finish last in skating. He lost the puck control to JS by less than a second.

If you would actually watch the games rather than scoreboard watching you would see he has consistently played well. Looked good tonight with Kes and Higgins.

zackass.png

#99 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

Fastest skater, one lap

Blue: Kassian (14.590 seconds), Weise (14.037), Raymond (14.133).

White: Ballard (14.582), Schroeder (14.385), Hansen (14.314).

Winner: Weise 14.037

Here are the official results. I would say he was last....................

#100 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

Fastest skater, one lap
Blue: Kassian (14.590 seconds), Weise (14.037), Raymond (14.133).
White: Ballard (14.582), Schroeder (14.385), Hansen (14.314).
Winner: Weise 14.037

Here are the official results. I would say he was last....................

Was 0.008 behind last years winner Ballard.

I don't see the issue.

zackass.png

#101 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Every guy in this competition managed to hit all the targets in their 8 allotted shots............except for 1..............who couldn't even get 2..............

Shooting accuracy (four targets)

Blue: Barker (4-for-5), Raymond (4-for-4), Kassian (1-for-8).

White: Lapierre (4-for-4), Burrows (4-for-7), D. Sedin (4-for-8).

#102 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Every guy in this competition managed to hit all the targets in their 8 allotted shots............except for 1..............who couldn't even get 2..............

Shooting accuracy (four targets)
Blue: Barker (4-for-5), Raymond (4-for-4), Kassian (1-for-8).
White: Lapierre (4-for-4), Burrows (4-for-7), D. Sedin (4-for-8).

There are 10+ guys who didn't even compete in these contests, if you are using a skills competition as the be all and end all then I think you need to wake up.

Kassians shooting percentage this season is 21.7%. That's 14th in the league for RWers. Iginla's shooting percentage is 2.2%

Iginla has 2 more points than Kassian so far this year.

Iginla has played 20+ Minutes on the top line and top PP. Kassian has played 16 minutes and has been moved around the top 9.

Iginla has played 52 minutes more so far this season with better line mates, better PP time and only has 2 points more.

So Iginla has almost played a full game more than Kassian and only has 2 points more to show for it.

Zack Kassian also has 27 hits while Iginla only has 16 (And that with 52 mins more ice time remember)

Kassian also is a plus player and Iginla is a minus player.

Sorry trading Kassian for rental Iginla would be remarkably stupid.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 16 February 2013 - 12:33 AM.

zackass.png

#103 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

There are 10+ guys who didn't even compete in these contests, if you are using a skills competition as the be all and end all then I think you need to wake up.

Kassians shooting percentage this season is 21.7%. That's 14th in the league for RWers. Iginla's shooting percentage is 2.2%

Iginla has 2 more points than Kassian so far this year.

Iginla has played 20+ Minutes on the top line and top PP. Kassian has played 16 minutes and has been moved around the top 9.

Iginla has played 52 minutes more so far this season with better line mates, better PP time and only has 2 points more.

So Iginla has almost played a full game more than Kassian and only has 2 points more to show for it.

Zack Kassian also has 27 hits while Iginla only has 16 (And that with 52 mins more ice time remember)

Kassian also is a plus player and Iginla is a minus player.

Sorry trading Kassian for rental Iginla would be remarkably stupid.

So I still challenge you to find something in my upper post that wasn't true.

Plus, you must either be Kassian himself, his brother or his wife to know all the stats you do.

#104 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

Plus, you must either be Kassian himself, his brother or his wife to know all the stats you do.

Or, I searched it on the internet and used a calculator to do basic Math.

And I did "challenge" your posts, you didn't challenge mine however.

trading Kassian for a few months of Iginla would be a disastrous trade though, lets just say that.

zackass.png

#105 almo89

almo89

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

I'd go after him in the off season since he is a UFA. Doubt he'd want to sign here, but it'd be nice to get a veteran of his calibre. At his age, I think he can still be effective with the Sedins. I think he's lost a bit of that passion because he's been on that crappy team for so many years. That organization has done nothing for him to put a winning team on the ice. His best center was Craig Conroy which says it all. If he gets to play with Hank, I think it will bring some fire back. Probably capable of potting 40 in the net

#106 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Nice troll post.

I'm not even going to reply with anything of substance because that post was laughable. And I'm being generous.

Well said.

#107 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

So you're saying that Kassian doesn't have a bright future based on him not having a good performance in a friggin skills competition??? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Way to make yourself look like an absolute fool.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#108 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

So you're saying that Kassian doesn't have a bright future based on him not having a good performance in a friggin skills competition??? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Way to make yourself look like an absolute fool.

For those of you who can't read I was saying I would trade kassian for Iginla in a heart beat. I was also pointing out that his performance in the skills contest indicates he is lacking skills as opposed to having them.

#109 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

For those of you who can't read I was saying I would trade kassian for Iginla in a heart beat. I was also pointing out that his performance in the skills contest indicates he is lacking skills as opposed to having them.

So you'd trade a promising 22 year old power forward for a 36 year old pending free agent? Ok :picard:

And a skills competition does not mean he is lacking skill lol. He has 5 goals and 7 points on the season

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 16 February 2013 - 08:28 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#110 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Would the Rangers consider stacking their lineup further with the addition of Iginla? They just have to give up an expensive Martin Biron.
Posted Image

#111 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

So you'd trade a promising 22 year old power forward for a 36 year old pending free agent? Ok :picard:

And a skills competition does not mean he is lacking skill lol. He has 5 goals and 7 points on the season

Yes, I would trade him for Iginla as I want to win a cup, not be mediocre for years to come.

He has 1 point in his last 4 games and won't eclipse what Anson Carter did with the twins, so what makes you think he is so good? He's done nothing to prove it yet, so what is it you see?

#112 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Yes, I would trade him for Iginla as I want to win a cup, not be mediocre for years to come.

He has 1 point in his last 4 games and won't eclipse what Anson Carter did with the twins, so what makes you think he is so good? He's done nothing to prove it yet, so what is it you see?

Obviously you haven't watched a single game this year, just stop trolling.

zackass.png

#113 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

I see us not doing that retarded trade, keeping Kassian and staying young and competitive for a long time. Its pretty blatantly obvious you're still butthurt about the Hodgson trade.

#114 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Obviously you haven't watched a single game this year, just stop trolling.

Let's keep this nice and comfy....:(
Posted Image

#115 VanNuck

VanNuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Just watching the season unfold, this deal really is beginning to make a lot more sense. To those of you who say it will never happen, well first, think for the Flames' perspective:

The team is sinking right now and unless they can pull off some sort of miracle, they will certainly miss the playoffs - even if they can make it, they're certainly not going to last past the second round.

Since they're clearly not going anywhere, Iginla, in this last two months of play will be worthless to them - as such they cannot expect to command a high trading price, they'll be happy to get something for him, say someone like David Booth + second rounder. Consider it a consolation prize for a season where they're bound to lose one way or another.

If they trade him, it will be to a Cup contender. It's the best way to ensure Iginla will get a Cup.

Chicago could take him, but I doubt they'd want to mess up the chemistry given their roll. Ditto for Boston. Anaheim or Pittsburgh may consider him. But somehow, of all places, Vancouver seems to be a natural fit for Iginla, because they have playmakers and somehow inserting Jarome could actually boost chemistry and not disturb it.

From Vancouver's perspective, the Sedins are inconsistent this year, and unless they can get awake for playoffs, don't expect a Stanley Cup run.

That's where Iginla comes in - the man constantly makes his teams better, but often has never been given much in return because his teams were only so good. He has however come through on world-class Olympic teams, scoring two goals in the 2002 gold medal finals, then assisting on the gold-winning goal in 2010. Imagine what he can do in the NHL if given a decent cast.

Somehow, nearly everything Vancouver lacks, Jarome has it. Almost everything Jarome lacks, well it's in Vancouver. That's why they should gun to make this trade.

#116 VanNuck

VanNuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

http://www.sportstal...-jarome-iginla/

Bruins Interested In Daniel Alfredsson, Jarome Iginla

Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli told the Boston Herald’s Stephen Harris a recent lull in the Bruins schedule gave him the opportunity to watch other teams and to speak with their GMs.

It’s believed he seeks depth at forward, preferably a left winger with size and skill.
Harris’ colleague Steve Conroy suggested Ottawa’s Daniel Alfredsson, Calgary’s Jarome Iginla, Detroit’s Valtteri Filppula and Dallas’ Michael Ryder (a former Bruin) as trade targets.

ESPN Boston’s James Murphy also included Iginla and Ryder on his list of possibilities, as well as Florida’s Stephen Weiss, San Jose’s Ryane Clowe and Philadelphia’s Ruslan Fedotenko.

Read more at http://www.sportstal...xrjptzSzJAh9.99

Mhmm. Yup, it looks like Iginla could be on the trade market and if the Bruins get hold of him, then I'm sorry but Vancouver's lost its chance to claim a legit clutch player who could help them get the Cup. Well, I guess nobody here cares about winning enough.

#117 VAN_FAN_MATT

VAN_FAN_MATT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

Maybe if the Canucks offer up Raymond, Schroeder, Booth, and a 1st they might be able to pry him away. But that is doubtful, and I would prefer the Canucks not give up a 1st round pick for a pending UFA rental player.

#118 Wiznac

Wiznac

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

As much as i'd like to see Iginla in a canucks jersey

1. i dont see calgary trading for him unless we make them a offer to good to refuse
2. Its a gamble if he would resign here otherwise he's just a expensive rental
3. I'd like to see us make a move for doan if the coyotes look like A= the teams out of the playoffs or B= the team looks like it will be moved

#119 Wiznac

Wiznac

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Maybe if the Canucks offer up Raymond, Schroeder, Booth, and a 1st they might be able to pry him away. But that is doubtful, and I would prefer the Canucks not give up a 1st round pick for a pending UFA rental player.

Raymond Schroeder and booth and a 1st ????? selling the future off

#120 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

If Iginla hit open market, teams will line-up and sell their farm.

And the prices will be even more for the Canucks, a division rivals.

Your looking at either Jensen or Gaunce + probably a 1st pick, at least, for a rental player. Do I want him, YES!, at that price, NO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.