Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Is Huberdeau really immovable?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: [Discussion] Is Huberdeau really immovable? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Is Huberdeau immovable?

1. Yes, he is the future of the Panther's and isn't going anywhere (17 votes [48.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.57%

2. No, he could be moved for the right price (similar to the one included) (3 votes [8.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

3. No, but it would have to be an overpayment (more than the proposal mentioned) (15 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

I know Dale Tallon has gone on record to say he's not interested in trading high-end prospects but is that 100% set in stone?

Florida has Bjugstad ready to make the jump to the NHL next season and they will probably be in the running for Mackinnon this year as well. That's an amazing 1-2 punch just a year or 2 down the road.

Could a proposal like this get Tallon to consider giving up Huberdeau?

****At the Draft

To VAN-

C/LW-Jonathon Huberdeau

3rd rd pick 2013

To FLA-

G-Roberto Luongo

LW/RW-Mason Raymond

1st rd pick 2014 (This 1st will likely be a late 1st, which I think evens out the trade)

Vancouver:
-Takes on no bad contracts
-gains a future cornerstone of the franchise

Florida:
-Gains a goalie who can steal games for you/mentor Markstrom
-Roberto adds both leadership, and talent to the locker room that could bring fans to the rink
-Raymond adds speed to their top 9 and could be a 20-25g scorer if given the minutes, and if he is able to stay healthy (hopefully he continues to produce and his stock is high)
-1st rd pick is insurance if Raymond doesn't sign

prospect dynamic duo's

1)Huberdeau/Jensen
2)Schroeder/Kassian
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#2 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Huberdeau will not be moved unless Mike Gillis offers Dale Tallon a job right after with double quadruble the pay and the Canucks take Upshall.

#3 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,599 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Pretty sure they'd trade Bjudstad before Huberdeau

#4 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Pretty sure they'd trade Bjudstad before Huberdeau

I was just thinking about the more NHL ready prospect, and I was interested to see what was fair value for him.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#5 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,198 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Unless Kassian is in the deal. (With other big pieces, something I want no part of)

Or it is an overly drastic overpayment. (that I also want no part of)

Then yes, he is pretty much untouchable for us.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 11 February 2013 - 12:55 AM.

zackass.png

#6 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

They need scoring depth, esp. considering if they let Weiss go he might be pushed into the top line center. Getting Raymond, Lu and late first won't cut it, esp. considering his massive potential.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#7 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:
Posted Image

#8 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

I don't think this makes much sense for either team.

We already have six very capable centres, five natural ones, of which two are all stars.

We're trading a former fourth overall pick who is already a franchise player(debatable), a late first round pick who could turn into a top six forward easily, and an extremely fast winger who's playing super well this season, for a future franchise player in a position we're strong in.

I don't know, I think we can do better to fit team needs.
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#9 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

The short answer is no.

No team will pay the price Tallon wants for Huberdeau, or take Upshall's contract.

RIP LB RR PD

#10 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

I like Bjugstad 6'6 can play is a center as well. Lu and Raymond for Bjugstad, Mattias and goalie.

#11 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,408 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

Asking price would likely be Schneider and Kassian.

Pass.

Edited by Number14, 11 February 2013 - 03:27 AM.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#12 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

His value was probably lower (but still high) this summer as he hadn't play an NHL game yet.

Now thats he's playing in the NHL and proved he can score and play, no way he gets traded now.

#13 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

Who here thinks Jordan Schroeder is the heir to Henrik's Sedin's 1st line role?

A potential all star?

If the answer to either question is no; we should be looking at ways to add a player with the potential upside of a Huberdeau.

Schroeder's play is encouraging, he looks like he's going to make it. And maybe with Kesler (someday) as first line guy, and Gaunce as a 3rd line guy (fill your own names, these two are big two way guys) maybe Schroeder can be a play making 2knd line centre in the ilk of a Ronning. Odd's are if Hank and Kess hang out for 3 or 5 more years Schroeder will be traded to a lower calibre team who will use him as their scoring 2knd line centre.

And for the moment he's a harder working, faster, better defensively and more dynamic upgrade on Wellwood.Sulks to be Winnipeg, and also suggests he has worthwhile value. But not in Huberdeau's league.

So if not Huberdeau, some other prospect would be worth fishing for any time the chance exists.

#14 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,946 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Let me just answer this thread and any future "Is [name of player] really immovable?" threads in one statement:

Any player anywhere is moveable at any time (within the confines of the CBA) for the right price.

Having said that, is Huberdeau likely to be moved in a trade? No, but of course that's been covered any number of ways in proposals and the multiple Luongo threads.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#15 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

If Florida gets mackinnon I could see them finally willing to move bjugstad for Lu. Huberdeau not likely IMO

#16 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Why would FLA trade Huberdeau for Lu if they aren't even interested in giving up Bjugstad? Like another person said above, they would move Bjugstad before moving Huberdeau

#17 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

I'll drink a cup of my own piss if Tallon trades Gudbranson or Huberdeau to us in a Luongo trade. There's no way he trades either of them unless he gets an incredible young player in return.
Posted Image

#18 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

I know Dale Tallon has gone on record to say he's not interested in trading high-end prospects but is that 100% set in stone?

Florida has Bjugstad ready to make the jump to the NHL next season and they will probably be in the running for Mackinnon this year as well. That's an amazing 1-2 punch just a year or 2 down the road.

Could a proposal like this get Tallon to consider giving up Huberdeau?

****At the Draft

To VAN-

C/LW-Jonathon Huberdeau

3rd rd pick 2013

To FLA-

G-Roberto Luongo

LW/RW-Mason Raymond

1st rd pick 2014 (This 1st will likely be a late 1st, which I think evens out the trade)

Huberdeau is not immoveable. But unless we're offering the Sedins or Kesler, he's not going anywhere.

If we're trying to get someone out of Florida, Goc would be a realistic option to help us now.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.