The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Roberto Luongo In His Prime Now?

DownUndaCanuck

Cory isn't quite at Lu's level - he's shown himself capable, but remember, he's never played more than 33 games in a season. That's a light load so far.

Also, Cory doesn't have Luongo's pedigree, not even close. In Lu, you have: Presidents' Trophy winner, two World Championship golds, World Cup of Hockey gold, Olympic gold. Also, Lu was taken 4th overall vs. Schneider at 26th. Luongo's junior numbers are I think better (keep in mind, he played in junior leagues while Schneider played in college). Schneider still has plenty of runway, but he's not at Lu's level.

If you look at his post history, that's all he ever talks about. He loves Luongo, and has even claimed that the Canucks wouldn't even make the playoffs if they used Schneider at one point. I also very rarely see him back up his posts and reply to criticism. So it's pretty much spam at this point.

yeah he's at the end of his prime. i dont want him to leave but would surely leave us a lot of cap room.

If we were to trade him, Id suggest that we wait until we absolutely know that we cant win the cup anymore, because i think we all know we have a better chance at the cup with luongo starting, and schneider there to back him up IN THE PLAYOFFS.

IMO, Lu is playing better than he has in some time. I think he worked his butt off during the summer to improve on his weaknesses. His positioning is better and he is solid on his feet. He doesn't fumble with the puck, loose his stick or belly flop anymore. He is quicker crossing over from post to post. Overall, he seems more confident and is in better condition. If he continues his career with this urgency, I think he will be in his prime for many years.

Your right; and I cheer for Lou whenever he's playing.

I also hold my lucky rabbits foot.

I suppose that's not fair. Hey, fear motivates. I reckon Lou played his best game and helped exercise our demons against the Hawks after he thought he lost his job to Schneider. I got rolicked on CDC for suggesting Schneider start game 6 in Boston. But I remain of the belief it would have been a good idea. And I would have come back to Lou for game 7 had he lost.

Lou plays better with a dose of reality in place of a dose of complacency. I could never understand how he can be sooo good and then have so many examples where he just did not bring it when we really needed him the most. I thought he found that maturity when he won the Chicago game. But melting surfaced in Boston. And he was being out played in LA. Considering he is taking the easy way out which is not a great championship trait, as composed as he is at the moment I lament it will happening again.

Well, Lu may win it as a starter in Vancouver still.

Nothing's written in stones at this point.

Your right; and I cheer for Lou whenever he's playing.

I also hold my lucky rabbits foot.

I suppose that's not fair. Hey, fear motivates. I reckon Lou played his best game and helped exercise our demons against the Hawks after he thought he lost his job to Schneider. I got rolicked on CDC for suggesting Schneider start game 6 in Boston. But I remain of the belief it would have been a good idea. And I would have come back to Lou for game 7 had he lost.

Lou plays better with a dose of reality in place of a dose of complacency. I could never understand how he can be sooo good and then have so many examples where he just did not bring it when we really needed him the most. I thought he found that maturity when he won the Chicago game. But melting surfaced in Boston. And he was being out played in LA. Considering he is taking the easy way out which is not a great championship trait, as composed as he is at the moment I lament it will happening again.

Archived