The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pope Benedict XVI to resign at the end of the month.

Canuckerbird

Two, actually. You seem to have missed the verse preceding the teaching that "ye love one another"

Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment." - Matt 22:37-38

http://www.biblegate...-38&version=NIV

Oh let me assure you it's not...but when Jesus said in the New Testament that there is only one commandment...and that being "That ye love one another"...that pretty much negates all the archaic rules in the old testament. Funny how people completely forget about that when they use the Old Testament to further their agendas. So...it's either "There is only one commandment" or it isn't. Either the Old Testament is relevant, or the New Testament replaced it and thereby the New Testament is relevant...or there's a massive contradiction and neither of them are relevant.

There are three types of laws in the OT: ceremonial, civil and moral. As the Thirty-Nine Articles explains:

Thus, while Christians are free from the ceremonial and civil law of the OT, we are still under the moral law, which includes the Ten Commandments as well as ordinances against sinful behaviour.

you don´t have half idea of what we´re dealing. they created a huge problem with England about the Falklands, their economy is almost destroyed, their government is a soft model of Hugo Chaves administration. only the soccer is going well. and now this. well. at least we´re sure that if Argentina keeps irritating England about Falklands the Queen will do something...USA complain about Canada, we have Argentina. what about a change?

Same you know what, different pile.

As someone that went to a Catholic school, all these people creep the hell out of me. The Catholic Church should have been toppled years ago with all the crap they've swept under the rug. How do people take this religion seriously considering who's been running it all these years? Some would say I'm trolling here, but this is just how I feel.

If someone I knew told me they had great fondness for the Pope and believed in his divinity, I'd roll my eyes and promptly walk out of the room never to be heard from again.

Who knows, maybe this guy will bring the religion out of the dark ages and into the 1830's. Here's hoping

Same you know what, different pile.

As someone that went to a Catholic school, all these people creep the hell out of me. The Catholic Church should have been toppled years ago with all the crap they've swept under the rug. How do people take this religion seriously considering who's been running it all these years? Some would say I'm trolling here, but this is just how I feel.

If someone I knew told me they had great fondness for the Pope and believed in his divinity, I'd roll my eyes and promptly walk out of the room never to be heard from again.

Who knows, maybe this guy will bring the religion out of the dark ages and into the 1830's. Here's hoping

Archived