The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pope Benedict XVI to resign at the end of the month.

Canuckerbird

Because, if you base (another word for bias) a decision upon past history it means you're limiting your outcome.

Just because 5 dogs in a row jumped the the fence and chased a car doesn't mean that dog number 6 is going to.

Probability is different from rationality.

There are no facts that dog number 6 likes to chase cars.

I never said it was bias free nor suggested it. Just a better mode of assessment.

In the case of the Catholic Church past history seems to be repeated constantly as we have seem with the pedophile priest situations around the world. The latest forced court disclosure of documents from the LA diocese bears that out.

I never said it was bias free nor suggested it. Just a better mode of assessment.

In the case of the Catholic Church past history seems to be repeated constantly as we have seem with the pedophile priest situations around the world. The latest forced court disclosure of documents from the LA diocese bears that out.

That you're a rational thinker?

Sure seems a lot of references in this thread alone that you're basing your viewpoint on the past.

Actually, your viewpoint seems to be based on only the negative events of the past.

BTW, I'm not defending the Catholic church nor anyone who has done something bad - I'm merely pointing out that your viewpoint is closer to blind faith as you define it than a rational one.

Not so.

The Catholic Church has proved itself incapable of dealing with pedophile priests and nothing has changed as more and more information comes to light about the manner in which the Church hierarchy has obstructed justice and failed to comply with its own policies on these matters.

Archived