The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden... Is Screwed - Tells His Story

nux4lyfe

We actually had these things made for us, like a combination collapsible dog bowl and diaper. I still have mine; I never used it. I used one of my water bottles instead. I forgot until later that when I shot bin Laden in the face, I had a bottle of piss in my pocket.

You do not get a pension unless you put your full twenty years--there has been some discussion about lowering that to 15 years. Could you imagine retiring at 34 and having a guartenteed pension of 60% of salary including COLA into your 70s or 80s? You do, however, get Social Security benefits that are calculated using your wages from the military. Then there are the educational and other VA benefits, if they choose to use them.

Sign on bonuses for special operators in the past were in the range of $50,000-$150,000. I know of some soldiers who blow through that money and others that save and invest.

That the American Government has nothing in place for their war vets, but have receipts for $80,000 toilet seats, is a complete travesty. You know what's going to happen soon? The Rock. As in the movie, because that's the entire premise of it. And it's a fully logical next step for jilted masters of death.

Did you guys watch Zero Dark Thirty? Man that was a good movie. I guess there was a guy in that movie playing this guy, maybe he can get some points on that? Also I heard he really is eligible for veterans' benefits but whoever did his papers screwed it up, but he can still get it. Obviously the U.S. Military is not so tone-deaf as to leave this guy out to dry, now it's in the news he can probably get whatever he wants.

Archived