The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starts vs Wild Tuesday night

AriGold

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey buddy, you're talking to somebody whose favourite goalie of all-time is Luongo. I'm not attacking him or anything. Luongo doesn't need you to get all butthurt and defend him over any comment that isn't praising him as a God.

Do you think it makes sense to give him the start when the gameplan this season has been ride the hot goalie for a while and Schneider's performed great in his consecutive starts? One rational explanation is that it might be a showcase game. It doesn't matter how established a player is in this league.

Keep them guessing...

And no, this isn't a slap in the face to Schneider.

This is business.

This is hockey.

This isn't little league.

They are professionals.

They know what they're doing.

They definitely know more than what some on CDC have to say about it.

<p>

<br />

Keep them guessing...<br />

<br />

And no, this isn&#39;t a slap in the face to Schneider.<br />

<br />

This is business.  <br />

This is hockey.  <br />

This isn&#39;t little league.  <br />

They are professionals.  <br />

They know what they&#39;re doing.<br />

They definitely know more than what some on CDC have to say about it.<br />

I already know he most likely will be traded. But dumb fans think GM's are going to make a trade for Luongo based on the so called "showcase games" this season as if they do not know what Luongo is all about and that is why he is playing.

Schneider will not be the sole clear cut number 1 until Luongo is traded and it's clearly been shown.

This goalie rotation is awesome! We got two great goalies battling for the TEAM. The Canucks are handling this situation perfectly. They taken note that both Luongo and Schnieder are both playing well. They are both making the big bucks, why not split their games? Keep them both hot for the playoffs. Win the Cup. Luongo's value goes back up (right now its tainted a bit). Why not play both goalies? The team is having fun again. When they have fun, they play better. Last year, they were too buisnesslike, they lost in the first round. They were goofing around at their superskills. This team is going far , and will prolly win the cup this year. I have no doubts.

Trade Lou in the summer, get someone good for him. Hes won his cup, everyone goes home happy.

Maybe Schneids is going to try and pursue the whole "puck-moving defenseman" thing, rofl.

I must say I am surprised Cory's not getting the start, but perhaps they will split the games more evenly from here on out?

AV really using a coin now, or what?

This just shows that neither goalie is going anywhere just yet. The Canucks are happy to use both as a tandem and why not, they're both playing their career bests this way. Similar to Halak and Elliot last year, excluding the first game both goalies are below 2 GAA with sparkling save percentages.

A trade doesn't have to come just yet, it would help the team by the trade deadline though. Until then, AV is right in using our goalies as a tandem.

Doesn't Luongo have a shutout streak against Minny when playing at Rogers?

Also, someone posted up above, he's 8-0-0 against them @ home.

I'd say that's the goalie that gives us the best chance to win.

Nothing else to look at or speculate upon, calm down CDC lmao :lol:

Im not praising Luongo as god or at all. Your thinking is stupid. Luongo has played 5 games already this season, proven he still can play at a top level. How many games does he need to be showcased . People thought all his starts this season have been showcase games, he is still here.

Nobody in the Canucks said what their game plan is for goalies. Luongo won in Edm and played well, and Schnieder started next game.

It's not about picking one over the other, as some would have it....think of it as using both to our full advantage...we'd be silly not to. When you have these assets, you utilize them while you can. Likely, Lu's performance is helping his/our case if he is to be traded....it's keeping his great play fresh in everyone's minds. And Schneids'll be fine....they can't take a pouty "you love him more than you love me" stance or it'll likely backfire (we've all seen where a whine about ice time gets players). Just business is right and it appears to be working out just fine.

All the speculation as to "why" or "what" (will happen) is wasted energy....it won't change anything and we won't get any answers it seems until whatever is going to happen does. I honestly don't understand those trying to figure it all out...the coach/management are doing that so we don't have to.

Archived