The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starts vs Wild Tuesday night

AriGold

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought it should've and would've been Schneider getting the start as he's played very well, but I think we're pretty much guaranteed good goaltending regardless. I can't say I agree with Luongo getting the start, but I can't say I'm peeved he's in net. Both are great.

Maybe this is a game where Lu is being showcased; I would've thought for sure you go with Schneider and keep his hot streak going.

Or maybe it's just AV's coin. Who knows.

man get real. Every game he plays he, is a game to get showcased now? He played 5 games already against some good teams, played well....still not enough showcasing for a top goalie who has been in the league for over 10 years?

Bottom line is, we don't have a starter we got 2 clearly. Does saying he is being showcased is the reason for the start make you feel better?

I highly doubt it's a showcase game. I'm pretty sure teams know what Luongo can do.

My guess is the current plan is to keep both goalies fresh. Next week there are a bunch of games in not a whole lot of time so it's probably a good thing.

Granted the plan can change. It seems we've gone through:

1) Cory's the starter

2) Oh, crap we need wins so we better play Lu

3) Okay, we have a cushion. Let's give Schneider a few games to get his game back.

4) Cory has his game back? Okay, let's keep both goalies fresh.

Hey buddy, you're talking to somebody whose favourite goalie of all-time is Luongo. I'm not attacking him or anything. Luongo doesn't need you to get all butthurt and defend him over any comment that isn't praising him as a God.

Do you think it makes sense to give him the start when the gameplan this season has been ride the hot goalie for a while and Schneider's performed great in his consecutive starts? One rational explanation is that it might be a showcase game. It doesn't matter how established a player is in this league.

Hey buddy, you're talking to somebody whose favourite goalie of all-time is Luongo. I'm not attacking him or anything. Luongo doesn't need you to get all butthurt and defend him over any comment that isn't praising him as a God.

Do you think it makes sense to give him the start when the gameplan this season has been ride the hot goalie for a while and Schneider's performed great in his consecutive starts? One rational explanation is that it might be a showcase game. It doesn't matter how established a player is in this league.

Archived