zackass.png

#3 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

That's a pretty good value return. But it doesn't immediately help the Canucks.

Carlson is a great asset. And I believe he's a right-handed shot, which is needed on our blue line. But incorporating him means one of our defensemen would be displaced, which wouldn't make sense. Carlson wouldn't be much of an upgrade.

This deal would make sense at the draft. Ballard could be jettisoned at that point. But Washington likely wouldn't wanna do it if their first is a high one.

EDIT: sorry, I somehow managed to miss the proposed Ballard deal. I still don't think it makes much sense mid-season.

Edited by Mookie Wilson, 11 February 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#4 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

You don't trade someone you just signed and easy decision for Washington. They say no.

#5 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

You don't trade someone you just signed and easy decision for Washington. They say no.

Are you referring to Barker? He could be traded, no problem. Sturm was traded shortly after being signed. That didn't cause a stir.

#6 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

We already have enough defencemen and Ballard has been playing great. Him and Tanev make a great shut-down pair, and his hip checks really give opposing forwards something to think about when they enter the zone. Plus those type of plays get the crowd going.

The main component I want out a Lu deal with Washington is their 1st rd pick. That pick could land us possibly Drouin or Mackinnon who both appear to be NHL ready (5'11, 175-185lbs) That's not exactly small when you look at Conacher, Ennis, or Schroeder.

We have ENOUGH top 9 forwards to make a legit cup-run this year and our core is strong. We have free agents to make decisions with this off-season and prospects ready to possibly make the jump.

I suggest making a cup-run with the players we have, and waiting until the off-season to trade Luongo. The top 5 pick would be a MUST though, and the player would have to be NHL ready. The only non-NHL ready player I think in the top 5 is Elias Lindholm.

I'd take Drouin, and next season we'd have Drouin, Jensen, Kassian and Schroeder all ready to add energy/speed to the line-up.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#7 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Highly unlikely to happen.
Posted Image

#8 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

I'd do Luongo and Raymond for Wilson, Brouwer and Neuvirth
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#9 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

next trade after dis one iz raymond for malkin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.