Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JensenFan2011

Van-WSH

9 posts in this topic

To van:

John Carlson,1st, Neuvirth

To WSH:

Luongo, 2nd, Barker

To Det:

Ballard

To Van:

2nd

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Kassian

Raymond Shcroeder Hansen

Higgins Malhotra Lappy

Hamuis Bieksa

Edler Carlson

Garisson Tanev

Alberts

Schnieder

Neuvirth

That's a pretty good value return. But it doesn't immediately help the Canucks.

Carlson is a great asset. And I believe he's a right-handed shot, which is needed on our blue line. But incorporating him means one of our defensemen would be displaced, which wouldn't make sense. Carlson wouldn't be much of an upgrade.

This deal would make sense at the draft. Ballard could be jettisoned at that point. But Washington likely wouldn't wanna do it if their first is a high one.

EDIT: sorry, I somehow managed to miss the proposed Ballard deal. I still don't think it makes much sense mid-season.

You don't trade someone you just signed and easy decision for Washington. They say no.

We already have enough defencemen and Ballard has been playing great. Him and Tanev make a great shut-down pair, and his hip checks really give opposing forwards something to think about when they enter the zone. Plus those type of plays get the crowd going.

The main component I want out a Lu deal with Washington is their 1st rd pick. That pick could land us possibly Drouin or Mackinnon who both appear to be NHL ready (5'11, 175-185lbs) That's not exactly small when you look at Conacher, Ennis, or Schroeder.

We have ENOUGH top 9 forwards to make a legit cup-run this year and our core is strong. We have free agents to make decisions with this off-season and prospects ready to possibly make the jump.

I suggest making a cup-run with the players we have, and waiting until the off-season to trade Luongo. The top 5 pick would be a MUST though, and the player would have to be NHL ready. The only non-NHL ready player I think in the top 5 is Elias Lindholm.

I'd take Drouin, and next season we'd have Drouin, Jensen, Kassian and Schroeder all ready to add energy/speed to the line-up.